View Single Post
OnYourGoat
Sad Wilted Flower

Old 10-30-2014, 08:51 AM

A tall, imposing, and beautiful castle, well fortified yet rather reminiscent of Versailles in blue, stood on a hill overlooking the walled town of Winterbound in the forests and plains of the border atwix Winter and Summer. It was known through the Wildes that this area was dangerous. Wars were often fought between the two nations of Fae and their other neighbors Autumn and Spring, and skirmishes often broke out.

However this small patch was prospering. The Duke of Winterbound, Prince Morgan DeFay, was also the Commander of the Guardian Corps - The largest force of 'lesser' Fae in the Wildes. Safety was assured within his cold reach and he greatly relished the fondness his overly large private guard had for their home.

The land was chilly, but not completely frozen over. Merchants battled the snow and arrived each month, and theater troupes set up in the broad commons for all the townsfolk to watch with odd frequency.

None could claim fault with the land of the Duke save for one thing. His temper. His Pride lashed out at those who displeased him, yet he cared strongly for them anyway. Few but his troups and visiting dignitaries visited the castle out of fear of the man.
He was a hero to the Wildes, born of two alignments and savior of the weak, but time and people had not been kind to him. His wife was dying and hated him, his own children stolen by his enemies, he barely clung to the shattered pieces of his own heart and the people who knew him in his Glory hung their heads in sadness as he walked past.

Still, things ran smoothly and the audience chamber was always open for supplicants or visitors.

Characters:
His Grace Morgan DeFay, Duke of Winterbound, Briar Prince, Commander of the Guardian Corps, Slayer of the Moon Swallower. Born out of an affair between the Winter King and Summer Queen, raised in a distant abbey before coming into his title.
The Duchess. Titles and deeds lost to the annuls of history.
Francis, Aide to the Prince.
Morge, changeling child of the Duchess and favourite of His Grace.
Ariya, changeling cat-child of the Duchess, wants to be a knight
Doctor Raghu, Serpent. Doctor to the Duchess.
Charlotte, Changeling child of the Duchess, sometimes assistant of the Doctor.
Lance and Louis, twin changeling children of the duchess. unintelligible.

Captain Hauvell, La cat en bottes. Captain of the Guard.
General Boar, Working primarily in the logistics department of the Guard.
Lu'ce, a private given a room inside the gatehouse rather than barracks.

Rules:
Don't double post. If you've posted something aimed at me, wait for me to post too then post again. If you've posted at another player, allow them to post before you post again.
Be nice to other muns.
Ask on pm or in an OOC thread if it's okay to do a major action. EG; attacking a player, confessing love, ect. Should be pretty clear.

PM me if you have any questions about the world itself or if you want to play specific folklore characters as they may already be in use in the source material. This is POST events of a world i've been writing for and some things are set in stone. I'm sure we can some up with something though~

Last edited by OnYourGoat; 10-30-2014 at 09:33 AM..