View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi View Post
xD Oh my. Xavi was 7 words over, Lunna 1 word and Igor 11. I'll go put up a 5 under or over is allowed.. maybe 10 words I'll think about it.
O.o According to MS Word I was right on the money. How strange.... I'm tempted to personally count mine to see which one is right. But 250 words is a lot. XD

NOPE. Nevamind. Too much work. XD

I did, however, see if names, numbers, uppercase words, and hyphenated words had an impact. Looks like each counts as just one word. I was wondering if perhaps the system overlooked them (I know some processors omit things in uppercase or things written as numbers). But this doesn't seem to be the case as the one counter says I'm 5 over, not 4. I have no idea what they count/don't count.

---------- Post added 01-29-2014 at 09:09 AM ----------

UPDATE! So from your counter, PK, this is what it says...
Quote:
What does it count?
Words made out of the alphabet.
Words made from a combination of alphabets and numbers.
Words with an apostrophe ( ' ) and a hyphen ( - ).

What doesn't it count?
Words starting with an apostrophe ( ' ) or a hypen ( - ).
Words made solely from numbers, examples:
1234 will not be counted
1234a will be counted
HTML tags
Really odd that yours shows me going over. Should show me being under, as I used 18. O.o I'm going to keep playing around with this until I figured it out...

---------- Post added 01-29-2014 at 09:14 AM ----------

OMFG! I figured it out! I figured out what impacts the counter!

How our numbers are off:
If you type your post in word, your quotes and apostrophes look like this: “” and ’
If you type it anywhere else, your quotation marks and apostrophes look like this: "" and '

The site PK uses counts “” and ’ against you, adding more 'words' to your posting. I went through my story and removed all of them and it now says I'm at 250 words. So, if you type your story in word, toss it into the counter site I listed, or else it'll say you're over. Everyone else, if you type directly into PK's site, you should be golden (my site also works).

So yeah, there you have it. The number differences. You're welcome~!

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-29-2014 at 02:17 PM..