View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-13-2015, 03:47 AM

Takahiro was already in his suit. He was sitting in one of the living room chairs waiting for Brid to be ready. He picked up a magazine off the coffee table, leafed through and set it back down.

Just as he set down the magazine, Elena pulled open the curtain. Takahiro stood up and turned to see Brid standing at the top of the stairs. His jaw nearly dropped at the sight of her, as she slowly made her way down the stairs. She had looked beautiful before but she looked hot now. He couldn't help grinning at the thought that he got to walk into dinner with this gorgeous beauty on his arm.

Brid focused on walking in the black heels. Walking in them was a lot harder than in the cowboy boots she was used to wearing. She tripped on the second to last step and felt herself plummet...straight into Takahiro whose strong arms wrapped around her.

"Easy there," Takahiro said with a smile. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Brid said, blushing and staring down at her feet. Why do I have to be such a klutz?" Brid yelled mentally.

"Hey," Takahiro said, cupping her chin in a gentle hand and lifting her eyes. "We all have ungraceful moments. I am just glad I could catch you."

Jenkins cleared his throat and Brid spun around, nearly loosing her balance again if it weren't for Takahiro's steadying grip. "I hate to interrupt but we wouldn't want you to be late for dinner. And Miss McKay, they are insisting on interviews before dinner."

"What?!" Brid yelped feeling the panic welling up. She started backing away.

"Easy Brid-san," Takahiro said soothingly, taking Brid's hand. "I be right there with you. I am not going to let them attack you, in fact I will answer all the questions if you want. If it gets to be to much, you say we are done and we are done. Okay?"

"Okay," Brid whispered.

Takahiro smiled and held out his arm. Brid nervously took it and they left the suite. Takahiro slowed his steps to make it easier on Brid who was trying hard not to fall in her heels. Neither one was in a rush to be interviewed either, though Takahiro was used to it.

Takahiro could feel Brid's steps slow the closer they got to dinner and the interviews. He could feel her trembling through the hand on his arm. He stopped them in a little alcove and looked into Brid's emerald green eyes.

"I swear I will be right here by your side," Takahiro promised taking Brid's cold, clammy hands in his. "I wont let them get you."