View Single Post
Shiverpass
"Wear your heart on your cheek."

Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 AM

I both agree and disagree with you.

Why I agree: It shows just how desperate the movie industries are becoming, how un-original their minds are turning out to be. I mean, look at the book Warm Bodies! It only came out, like a year ago, and ALREADY it's becoming a movie that will be out soon (to be fair, I didn't even know it was a book after a month of repeating to myself that I can't wait to see the movie and OH HEY LET'S BROWSE IT ON TUMBLR--wait, it's a book!?) Twilight was butchered by becoming a movie. The last two Twilight movies was amazing, but the first one was just BUTCHERED and it gave people all the more reason to say they hate Twilight etc. Not to mention how movies from books tend to leave important stuff out. It gets annoying. And now it's happening so much to GREAT books that I'm feeling sad about it.

Why I Disagree: I have that mind where every book I read and fall in love with, I've GOT to see it become a movie. I just love to watch it in live and see the actors and actresses that the author chose for the characters that I love. I was perfectly happy with the cast for The Hunger Games, only half okay with the cast for Twilight, half okay with the cast for Beastly, perfectly happy with the cast for the 2006 Jane Eyre Masterpiece Theater version, perfectly happy with the cast for Stardust, etc.

I guess all in all, I wish some of the movie adaptations were done...more correctly, but it's better than nothing. :)