View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM

She could sense Faline's frustration. The woman hardly said a word to her, save for her inquiry regarding direction. With a light sigh, Aleu stepped to the Unai and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about that. Heights have never been my forte. The man you saw, he's my husband. Once we get your memories straightened out, you can ask him about your parents. Until then, it's best we work on one thing at a time." She removed her hand and started to move down a different path which lead to the heart of the island. "The bond between you and your sister will make the news about your parents all the easier to bear. Besides," he glanced over her shoulder, "your sister, Rory, will want to learn about them too."

She didn't say much more after that. Instead, she just kept flicking her tail from side to side. It was easy to see that she was lost in thought, more so when she walked past their turn.

"Oopsie," a blush kissed her cheeks, "it was a left back that way." She shooed Faline back down the path they had just trekked. It wasn't much of a backtrack, maybe only five minutes, but it was still enough to make Aleu flustered.

"Anyway, we're looking for a cavern. It's called the Heart's Desire. I," her gaze fell on the sky above, "years ago I came to this island to escape death. I was badly injured and unable to leave. I learned of a cavern that could grant wishes. I was desperate to return to Rroy's side so I figured why not give it a try. After bathing in the pool I pushed you in, I made my way to the cavern. Only back then I didn't have to scale a mountain side. It was a gentle slope.

"Regardless, the cavern shows you your heart's desire. It's not easy though. You're put to the test. You're lead astray. You'll be tempted to learn truths about mysteries that once gripped you."
Her gaze moved to Faline. "Don't follow that rabbit. You know what you're looking for. If you wander down the wrong path, the fake desire, you'll come back wicked. You'll not be the same."

She let out a sigh. "I was tempted. I... there... there was a time when I could have sworn Rroy was going to stab me in the back. I thought for sure he was out for my blood. I saw visions of that and I... it took a lot not to walk that path. He might be my husband and I do love him dearly but, somewhere within, I feared he'd be the one to kill me."

Aleu pushed those darker thoughts from his mind before giving a firm nod. "I realized that it didn't matter. I was going to die if I couldn't get back to him. So I abandoned that desire and sought out the path that would lead me safely to his arms."

Lips curling into a smile, the woman's sighing seemed happier, almost like a lover's exhale. "Sure enough, I found him. And he held me so tight. I know without a doubt that, after seeing how he looked at me, he would never kill me." Aleu placed a hand on her heart. Her blue orbs seemed to shimmer as they filled with tears. "Some women will spend their whole life looking for love and I, I found mine. And to think, I doubted him. Psh, I was such a silly back during those days."

"We'll," she looked around the area, "we'll set up camp here tonight. We're close to the cave. It's magic will keep the beasts away. Tonight we shall have true sleep."