View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 PM

I can't believe I didn't reply to this yet!
I had a huge, long post full of information about the medications I take and I guess I never posted it.

Anyway!

I currently take all psychiatric medications. Two antipsychotics (for schizophrenia) and one antidepressant (off label for sleep.)
I will basically just give a review and tip of how I feel about the meds I take, otherwise, if anyone is interested, or curious about these medications I will post a link that gives a lot more information than I ever could.

First antipsychotic I take is an old, first generation antipsychotic called Stelazine. (Trifluoperazine) It's a very old medication and isn't usually given to people anymore, I don't know why. I like this medication because I feel like it helps. It's also purple! :D
This medication is pretty easy to take and I've been on it for two years now and it hasn't yet stopped working on me. Which is good.

The second antipsychotic is a newer medication, second generation called Geodon. (Ziprasidone) I don't like this medication that much. For one, you have to eat at least 350 calories with it. (That's something that a doctor won't tell you!) The reason for that is because it will metabolize better with at least 350 calories. I hate this because I don't eat 350 calories in the morning and I don't eat 350 calories at night. Those are the two times I take this medication. :s That's my only qualm. Sometimes when I don't remember to eat enough, it ends up not working at all.

The last medication I take is for sleep. It's an antidepressant called Trazadone. I like it sometimes, however, I guess my need to stay awake is sometimes stronger than the medication and it's not one that I can take more of if it doesn't work the first time. I heard a lot of horror stories about trazadone, but it's really not that bad. If your insomnia is bad, but you haven't tried any prescribed sleep aids, then this one might work for you. If your insomnia is really bad and can't be controlled with other sleep aids like seroquel or remeron, then this med might be too weak.

That's it for me.
I am going to add links in a little bit, and also I will add a directory in the second post, so if people are curious about a certain kind of medicine they can find it easier.