View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 AM

Rollin' time!
Carzeebear is 1, NeuzaKC is 2, jessieomer is 3, Watery Star is 4 and Liztress is 5.

The 5-sided dice lands on 5
The story will be posted momentarily!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC View Post
I tell Cessy to go find Yumeh, as every other suspect is certainly able to sweet-talk her with lies. As for me, I haven't forgotten about Cherry and her ice cream!
"Cessy, have you seen Yumeh recently?" You ask, plotting in your mind.

"Not since yesterday! I thought I'd see him hangin' around today but he hasn't come to see me! I wonder what he's doing..."

"I saw him just down the boardwalk earlier. Why don't you go visit him? Maybe he'll know what happened to my shi- I mean, the orphans' treasure."

"Good idea! Yumeh's great at finding stuff! I'll go ask him now!"

Was it good of you to send a child off unattended after a roaming cat during a busy fair? Probably not. Actually, definitely not. But your shiny is the most important thing here, not some little sticky kid's safety! Shiny must be found at all costs!

Speaking of sticky... just look at Cherry Flavored Antacid over there. Eating that ice cream like she hasn't a care in the world. Well she should have a care! Your shiny is missing, and the whole world should stop and look for it! How can other people be happy when you're so empty inside?! You eat a fistful of kettlecorn for courage and storm up to her.

"Hey, you ice cream... face!" you yell. Off to a strong start, I see. Cherry gives you a puzzled look, so you continue. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, miss... 'tralala, I'm eating ice cream! I didn't take anyone's shiny! I'm just so awesome! Don't you wish you had ice cream like I do?' YEAH, I'M ONTO YOU!" You really ought to work on your impressions, that one you just did of Cherry was horrible.

"Uhm, ih... Did you... want some ice cream too? There's an ice cream booth right over-"

"NO, I DON'T WANT ANY CONFLABBIT ICE CREAM! I WANT MY GUMDORUM SHINY BACK!" Now see, for a while there you were sort of sounding like Yosemite Sam, but now you're just plain making words up.

"You lost something?" Cherry asks. She's taking your abuse pretty well. You forgot that moderators are trained for this. You're going to have to lay it on thicker if you want to make her sweat. You take a deep breath and narrow your eyes.

"My shiny," you say in a low, threatening tone. This just might work better than screaming like a cartoon character. "I had my shiny. Then I didn't have my shiny anymore. I think you have my shiny." Okay, maybe you still need some help with... choosing words... and putting them together into sentences.

"I didn't take anything, but I can help you look if you want," Cherry says, then pulls out a clipboard. "Here, I'll check your trades to see if you gave it to anybody. When did you lose it?"

"A minute ago. ... An hour ago. ... Three days ago? I don't know!"

"... Okay, I'll just look at everything recent," Cherry says and begins thumbing through the papers on her clipboard. Why is it that everyone around here has a clipboard but you? You make a mental note to go to the clipboard booth when this is all over. "You've... bought a lot of things over the past few days," Cherry mumbles, slogging through your trade history. "Earplugs? Zippy bags? I didn't even know we had booths for those."

"You have booths for everything I need because I'm the protagonist of this story," you say. Cherry ignores you and continues looking through her papers.

"Ah, here it is. You traded a... 'SHINY' - hmm, I didn't know we had anything called that - recently to... Wait, hold on. It doesn't say who you traded it to...! That's weird. Is this thing broken?" Cherry taps her clipboard a few times to try to make it submit. When that fails, she sets the clipboard down then picks it back up and seems frustrated to see that nothing's changed. "Ugh, must be a glitch. Wait here, alright? I have to go ask Inso about this." With that, Cherry hops up and goes off to find Insomniac, the rich but seldomly seen overseer of the town. You've heard rumors that he bought the island... but is that even possible? Can one own Menewsha? Because if one can, then you certainly want to. Okay, so... find shiny, buy a clipboard, buy Menewsha. Got it.

Well, Cherry might be back soon with word from Inso, but it's a long hike up to his house from the boardwalk, and it looks like she's already been distracted by a booth. There's still no sign of Cessy. Alright, enough relying on other people! Time to take matters into your own hands! There are still a few suspects left that you can question until Cessy and Cherry get back (see previous post for list of suspects). Or... or you could go buy that clipboard. Or you could try to buy Menewsha. ... Or maybe you could buy a boat! Whoaaaa, that'd be sweet. The docks are just down that way, too. There's just too many options. And there's like, a million things I'm not even thinking of. The world is your oyster, y'know? OH, OH, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET A PET OYSTER! Wait, that's a terrible idea.

What will you do?