View Single Post
Dominator
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM

"Indeed you are, Horus." the bald man replied with a soft, almost calming voice. Thoth was one of the few of his kind that could forsake his pride and ego at will, should the situation require it. He knew the scarred man wouldn't listen if he was ordered about, wouldn't fulfill his purpose, even if the one giving the order was a god. He was one of those men that thought themselves greater than anyone alive...and it was that arrogance that Thoth was going to use, to gently steer him on the path he had to take.

"You hold a great potential, warrior. But you are naive." the white eyes, unblinking, seemed to now glare harshly at the man "An emperor of Egypt is a god made flesh...did you really think a simple stab with a dagger would see your plan done? Did you think you would survive the divine retribution, even if you succeeded?"

The staff hit the floor, to entirely grab the attention of the human, the sound resounding across the empty corridor. With each passing second the "priest" seemed more intimidating than before. Right now he was no longer speaking his thoughts, his tone and demeanor made it clear that what he said was truth and fact.

"I have seen the signs. Egypt is weakening, closer to sinking into nothingness then you could possibly imagine. Hope still remains, but there must be a change. I know you, Horus, better than you know yourself. I know both your actions and your thoughts, even those you hide from everyone else. I know now you are the only one that has what it takes to sit on the throne of the Old Kingdom, if it is to have a chance of survival. But you can not expect to stand alone against the one who represents the gods in the seat of his power. You need...specific assistance. I can teach you the Words that will fend off the blades of your enemies. I can prevent divinities from destroying you for the hedious blasphemy you plan on commiting. I can make you Emperor." Thoth stepped forward, now he was right in front of Horus and even though the man was taller than the form the god had chosen, somehow, he was the one that seemed smaller "All I need from you is to swear...swear your loyalty to Egypt and swear that you will see this kingdom reach new heights of glory. Swear it and ratify your oath with your blood." the white eyes turned to Horus' dagger. He still hadn't revealed his identity, not openly, but he knew the man was not stupid. Cruel and disagreeable, maybe, but not stupid. Surely by now he knew who it was that stood before him "A small price to pay for the reward I am offering..."

Last edited by Dominator; 10-21-2011 at 05:47 PM..