View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-18-2013, 06:35 PM

Q. When will we know the results of this contest?
a. I'm going to make my best effort to have the results posted within a week. I just don't want to rush through the writing entries so if it takes me a bit longer, know that I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of being read with a fresh mind. :3 Keep an eye on the Community Discussion forum - I'll post the results there.

Q. For the art contest, can you clarify what you mean by "sculpting/3-D" - ?
a. By that I mean that you don't have to only do "flat" or digital art. Examples: recreate the artifact shape from polymer clay, sew something, build a model, etc. You may use whatever medium you want, so long as you follow the basic shape in the template.

Q. Why do all the artifacts have to be the same shape?
a. The challenge here is to give life to a specific artifact that is found, not just "any artifact." You have a ton of freedom in how you do that, but there needs to be a central point of similarity that folks work from so that I can judge this thing fairly.

Q. Why didn't you give us a word limit for the writing contest?
a. Confession time.. I couldn't decide on a number. I didn't want to stifle creativity so I opted to leave this open. I may regret doing that, but for now, please enjoy your lack of limits! ;D

Q. But I really don't know how long my written entry is supposed to be! Help?
a. Perhaps this will help: It doesn't have to be a long entry to win. I'm not a person who is dazzled by lengthy entries. For me it's more about how good the writer is at conveying a message or a feeling -- it's about where the writing takes me. Just make your entry as long as you feel it needs to be to express what you want to express.

Q. I would like to show my artifact from different angles - is it okay if I use more than one template for a single entry?
a. Yes, as long as all the graphics pertain to the same entry they can count as "one" - your art will be judged as a whole though, and you won't get extra points for adding a bunch of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
PLEASE NOTE! If you should need to edit or change anything with your entry, please either repost the entire entry or ping or PM me letting me know you've edited your post -- I won't see your changes if I've already recorded it. Thanks! :3

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-12-2013 at 06:39 PM..