View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM

His classes were nothing special today. Tended to happen when school only just started up. Granted, Ace was in no hurry to dive back into the swing of things. This year was going to be tough for him as he was placed in a few classes ahead of his own. Meaning, he was in senior-level classes to accommodate his need to take German. Hayden, as expected, was overjoyed to have her sexy friend in her classes.

As planned, the two enjoyed lunch outside beneath the tree. Neither really cared about the new kid. Er, well, Hayden stopped caring when Ace told her to "knock it off." She had every intention of humiliating him, showing him who was in charge, but when Ace argued against it, she stopped thinking that way.

"Why are you of all people standing up for the new kid?" She asked while happily eating her sandwich.

It took him a while to come up with a reason, but Ace eventually answered. "It's his junior year. He had friends back in his home town. Just two years left before he would go onto college and he had to move? I can't imagine having to move so close to the end. Having to start over only to start over again in two years."

Their conversation continued down this path, which ultimately put Hayden in a teary-eyed state. She hated the idea of Ace going off to some elite college while she would likely get stuck in this hick town.

"Hay," Ace laughed while peeling off a slice of her string cheese, "you're rich. Your family can send you anywhere so stop whining."

"But you're smart. You'll earn the right to leave. I'll have to beg and plead to go."
She pouted again. "And we both know you'll leave me."

"Oh come on, Boston's not that far."

"Ace... it's in another time zone."

The raven smirked. "So the redhead does know a bit about geography."

"Asshole."

"Why would I want to sign up for that club?" Her hands fell on her hips while she stood in the doorway while Ace entered the room. "That's the loser's club. Just stick with swimming."

"Hay," he walked up to Noah and took two pieces of paper, "I'm already a part of the Quiz Bowl. I don't think I can get any nerdier." He turned from Noah and walked over to Hayden. "And to graduate this year, the school says you need to join another club."

"Lies," she protested. "I refuse to join this one. I'll do art club again."

"And not attend practices because you'll spend that time watching me warm up in the pool for practice."

"What?! You honestly expect me to miss those abs of yours?" Her purr was on point as she wiggled her brows at him. "Lexie's pretty fine too," she smirked before ripping the paper from Ace's hands. "But fine. I'll join. But only because you held a gun to my back and told me to."

"I'm such a terrible influence," he scoffed arrogantly.

They fell silent for a moment while the filled out the paperwork.

"I hope we find a dead body."

"And this is why we can't have nice things." Ace cringed before walking his sheet back over to Noah. "If she gets to be too much, feel free to kick her out." Sneering, he caught Hayden's glare.

"And if he's too much of an ass, give the pole a good yank."

Rolling his eyes, he sighed. "Baka."

Hayden skipped forward and placed the paper on the finished pile. "Sign me up for a crypt tour. I look forward to scaring Ace."

"Wasn't it I who scared you this morning?"

And like that, they left. Bickering all the way.