Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-02-2018, 03:02 PM

(Good lord Kat I am so sorry. I thought I replied to this and was waiting for it to pop up in my threads again. I apologize. )

Elliot woke around noon after only a few hours of sleep feeling like he'd been drinking heavily the night before. He felt groggy and had a pounding headache. When was the last time he'd eaten? Had that shot at the bar been the only thing he'd had in the last 24 hours? He rolled out of his bed onto the wooden floor to send a jolt through his system and wake him up. It worked... partially.
Moving to the kitchenette of his flat he filled his microwave steamer with water and through in a package of ramen with seasoning and stuck it in the microwave for six minutes.
As it spun with the alien whir of the most inferior electronic device in his entire apartment he cracked an egg on the stove and fired it next to a chunk of ham. Than sliced some chives for a topping. The microwave beeped and he through it all in the steamer and brought it and a fork to his computer to move through his feeds.

Nothing.

There was nothing going on? That absolutely couldn't be right. He finished the bite he'd stuck in his mouth and set the food to the side. It was still really hot anyways, it could take a couple minute to cool while he clicked rapidly on the keys. No heist tips going on. No big gallery events. No big charity events to pilfer from pockets of rich folks with to much money and time on their hands. Nothing?

People on facebook were starting to notice the posts that they had "missed" of him and the Fox dating and they were commenting on how cute they looked together. He actually groaned when his cousin commented on the one of his engagement. Well their alibi was getting backed up nicely. He sent some replies to "How come you didn't tell us" type posts with "my feed must have gotten buried in all those terrible memes that you keep posting" type responses. He decided to throw in some teasing immature sticking tongue out emojis as well just to seal the deal that it had been going on for awhile. His cousin was sure to spread the news via word of mouth offline, she was a gossip queen.

Leaning back in his chair he continued to eat, that business out of the way. Police scanners were even pretty silent. Just some basic family disputes and bar fight disturbances. Nothing major was going on at all. Except for "The Fox and the Shadow are wanted for questioning of the black opals. We believe they're in on this job together." Yeah says who. He rolled his eyes. I doubt they even knew what I looked like until they saw us in the bar together and someone tipped them off that I was the Shadow because someone wants me caught... to.

He sat up suddenly. That must be it! That was the connection he must have been missing, the two of them were at the top of their field in the area. Someone was trying to take them down to take over the underworld. He shoveled the last of his food and started digging deep looking for the Phantom, his arch enemy. The next best hacker besides himself. Was it possible that the Phantom had passed him in skills? Had he gotten lazy and set himself up for a fall? He wasn't seeing anything unusual. But there did seem to be some new names popping up in discussions. Ones that he hadn't seen before. Names that had come out of the blue and were exponentially growing and he'd never noticed because they were so small time.

Why hadn't he dug into the lesser underworld before now? He really had gotten lax lately. This was bad. "The Rooks" they were calling themselves, and it was a name mentioned by several usernames; "BlackQueen," "WhiteKnight," "BishopD4," "MightyPawn," and "BoardKing." They could all be chess terms... so there was a group of five that were working their way up in ranks. He'd have to look closer at them soon.