View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22
Do you know of any ways to get the username onto said photos because I do not have any access to programs that would be able to do that on my computer but I do want to enter this contest.
I'm sorry, you've misread the rules. You may not edit your username onto the photo. It needs to be written on a slip of paper that is actually in the photograph itself. I posted examples in the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q U E E N View Post
Ooh nice.

Is it possible to use already-taken pictures, though? :/
If you can get a proof photo that sufficiently proves that the photo is yours, yes! For example, if you took a wide shot of a flower with your porch very clear in the background and you took a picture of that same porch now with your username in the photo, yes. If you took a closeup of a flower and/or there aren't really any "landmark" type things in the background, I'm afraid not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Hmm, desert flora. I can probably work with that. We just got a pretty new bougainvillea and a bunch of new vines for the back yard that I think have little buds on them. Maybe I'll even go scouting tomorrow morning for wildflowers. Might actually have to give this a try...
Desert flora would be really interesting to see! It's not something I see much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I think I might be able to make my pine tree work it. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to have more difficulty with the other part of it.
Does your pine tree flower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Oooo! I love photo contests.

I've been really lazy with taking photos lately, but since it's spring here there are plenty of flowers to take pics of.
You should definitely enter, you take such pretty photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
This is perfect! I have a whole week off so I might go into the city or gardens to see what's what. Although I do have a few photo's I took overseas that fit into the categories but I'll have a hard time proving that they're mine... That's if we are allowed to submit photos we have already taken. I guess it won't matter, I'm sure I'll find something in the city. :)
You can submit old photos, but only if you can still provide an adequate proof photo for them. So the overseas photos are probably a no-go unless you're willing to hop a plane for this contest (not recommended). But you can still share the photos with us if you'd like to show them off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
This sounds fab, especially the industrial category. I can't wait to see what kind of pictures you guys take!
Yeah, I don't expect many submissions in that category, but I'm hoping for a few cool, creative ones!