View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-14-2014, 07:26 PM

"Help you? Why, I don't even know your name nor your intentions," his tongue moved across his polished teeth. "Whose to say you won't kill me and rob me of my strawberries." He was growing fond of teasing this woman. It was fun and dangers. He could almost turn this into a lifestyle, only the voices of nearing guards derailed this idea. Still on his branch, he laughed. "Sorry, but I'm not leaving your side." The irony was forthcoming. He knew better than to split with her. He wanted her goblet and he wasn't about to let it part from him. Why, all he had to do was step away for a moment and she could be gone and the goblet, his ticket to freedom, would be forever lost.

Standing on the branch now, his ears wiggled to and fro. He was getting a reading for the enemy's position. At least two were coming from the right. Sounded like one might be coming from the north. The southern side appeared open, but a snort from a horse made him realize otherwise. Butt resting against the trunk of the tree, he gazed down at the woman. He was half tempted to strike an arrow through her leg, crippling her so the guards could catch her right then and there. He would be deemed a hero in no time.

Another idea came to mind, though. The irony, again, not quite catching up to him.

Scurrying up the tree, he mimicked the priestess' voice. The wind carried it and the fake words of the priestess spread across the forest. "Guards, guards! I've found them!" He made it sound like it was coming from the town. This would draw all the guards back toward the east, toward the village. The southern guard might just miss them, if he went due east. The northern one was just far enough up to completely miss the troublesome duo. It was brilliant, save for the fact that he.

Shit!

Sliding down the tree, Saith landed gracefully where he once stood. Rolling his eyes, he moved back into the trees, this woman wasn't going to flee from him so easily. In fact, that move of hers made him betray her right then and there. In his mind, this was no longer a game, rather a hunt.

"Guards, guards! Head south! She's heading south. After her, quick!" Again, Mae's voice was carried across the trees and rang down to the ears of the guards. Watching from on high, he saw them immediately make a shift south. There was no way Laeth would head north, south was her only escape.

Good, flush her out. I'll be waiting at the only exit she has that won't cost her her life.

Racing above the trees, the drow took in a truly beautiful sunrise. Just as the pinks would start to fade, he would be in position. Flipping from his leafy canopy, the male took up post before the wooden bridge that stood between the woman and her alleged freedom. The bridge was the likely choice for escape. The other options were far too dangerous and full of beasts of unknown lore and nature. She wouldn't want to risk her life with a treasure like that, especially if a greedy winged beast caught whiff of it. No, the bridge as the only logical choice for Laeth so there he waited. Not in the open, though. No, he ducked into a nearby tree and waited to see just who would come crashing through the woods and into his trap.