View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM

There was no point in protesting as Saith knew it would only make matters worse. Not to mention, if he stuck around long enough, he might be able to figure out who this girl was. Her title, though semi-impressive sounding, didn't ring a bell to him. But why would it? He was a creature of the darkness. The sun was of no meaning to him. If he were to pick a deity, it would be the moon, but even that was below him. Walking through the woods, Saith tried to figure out what he was a priest of. Clearly, he was the priest of strawberries. The High Strawberry Prince, he titled himself. It was just so foolish that one might believe it because silly titles often were real, or so he had been discovering.

During the forest walk, Saith's ears picked up a few noises here and there. None really seemed all too concerned, but, for the game of it, he decided to call out of the noises. "Bird, left tree. Deer, behind the bush. Two fuc... rabbits. One squirrel. A stray dog with a bum leg." His list went on for the majority of the walk. Every time he called something out, he was right. He found it odd that he was so easily tricked by the black haired thief. He was so good at this, how could he mess up. Clearly, she was clever than he gave her credit for.

Now at the stables, he was assigned a horse. He opened his mouth to protest, he would rather walk, but he didn't seem to have a chance to request otherwise. It was painfully uncomfortable riding the god-awful creature. He had never been fond of them. The entire ride, he sat stiff and still. His lips never flapped and his heart beat seemed to quicken. Beads of sweat found refuge on his brow and his neck and back started growing clammy. Just how much longer did they have to ride this thing.

Saith practically kissed the ground when the horse was taken away. A tear of happiness slid down his cheek. Perhaps the gods were finally going to be nice to him, he mused. Oh how he missed the feeling of the grass and dirt between his toes. Well, under his boots. He was far happier now, almost ready to talk again. But again, he was shuffled off. This time he was stripped and left completely naked while butlers and guards inspected his clothing. "Left boot. Press the seal on the back and it'll open up a compartment with a smoke bomb. Right boot does the same thing, but it's seven poison darts." He tried to get their attention again by flailing his hands between the cuffs. "Umm, excuse me. Ring on my right index finger. Probably should take that. It's got a blade built into it."

Left alone in the room and now free, Saith shook his head. "Talk about incompetent fools. How did they not think to check those places." He paced back and forth for a bit before tossing on the black dress-like robe that was left on the bed. Weaving a belt threw the proper holes, he looked himself over in the mirror before growling. "Well, I look gay." His hand ran through his white hair. He hoped he would get his actual clothing back soon, but knew it would be a while. They needed to thoroughly inspect it without the Chatty Kathy, Saith.

A sigh pressed past his lips. His attention turning to the door. Someone approached. He began speaking before they even made it into his room. "Am I finally allowed to talk, Miss Fancy Title? You see, had you given me that chance, I would have told you that I was assisting your thief. I was in it to steal that goblet and whatever else she stole. Sadly, she gave me the slip. To think, I was this close to recovering it all... to gaining... freedom." Saith sighed again and moved so that he stood right in front of the door. If the door opened, he wouldn't run. No, he would just stand there, staring down at the Sun Priestess.