View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:06 AM

Kiernan chuckled at her whine, letting a small shrug roll off of his shoulders. "Hey, you should've visited sooner!" He replied in the same joking manner, sending a playful wink in her direction before they started off again. Not that he would've wished this to have happened any other way- her having come just then allowed for them to meet. He certainly would hate for that experience to have been stripped from them. His gently hold on her hand firmed up just a tad, though not enough to actually tighten or possibly hurt her. It was more of his manner of securing the fact that she was indeed by his side here. Then, glancing over at her, he sent her a small smile. "You can always make up for lost time." He added, more seriously now.

As he studied her expression for a reaction to his home, he was in for a happy surprise. Rubbing the back of his head shyly, he opened the small wooden gate at his home's entrance before she spoke up again. His eyebrows drew together as his gaze quickly snapped to focus in on the lit window. Cara is the only one permitted in my home... She's still in the capitol! Should be until the holiday season. Cursing briefly under his breath, he reached for the curved blade at his side, not even noting the rain as he instead moved down the neat pathway to the door. "Numira, stay back a bit. No one should be here. I don't know what's going on." He spoke evenly, though his words were tense and his body ready to spring. He was going to take down whomever dared break into his home.

Drawing in a deep breath, one of his hands slowly reached out to the door handle. With a sudden push, it flew open, already unlocked. Without a moment to react, a blonde figure had thrown itself with haste at him, arms wrapping around his neck as he let out a startled yelp. The curved sword he'd held at his side clattered on the ground. The woman who had burst forth held him in a tight embrace, arms encircling him tightly as he let out a yelp of surprise. She had a petite stature, especially compared to his, with blonde hair running down to her waist. As she pulled back to look at him, however, their facial features would show distinct similarities. This was Cara.

"Kiernan!" She cried happily, the two almost having tipped over with the force of the hug. "I decided to surprise you. Master sent me home for now, told me to take a break!"

"Take a break? You're kidding..." He replied, a small smile now on his face as his arms hung limply yet at his side. There was a note of suspicion in his tone, not quite buying that explanation. Kiernan knew all too well that apprenticeship came with far stricter schedules than that. One did not simply take a break. Then again, he did enjoy the sight of his younger sister. Finally he moved to return the embrace, wrapping his arms firmly around her for a few moments before the two stepped away from another.

She pouted a little at first, unpleased by his lack of enthusiasm, but then sighed softly as he finally returned the hug. Her expression sombered a bit as she looked up at him thoughtfully. "I am unsure of what is going on, but many people from within the capitol have left. The Master was tense. I am way of what is to come..." She paused here, now taking notice of the strange woman standing behind them. Her eyes lighting up, she looked between them, lifting her eyebrows. "You brought a girl home?! How rude of you! Introduce your guest!" She scolded playfully, then looked expectantly to her brother as she turned to face Numira. "Hiya, I'm Cara. This oaf's sister. Nice to meet you." She spoke with a friendly smile, one of her hands extending to shake.

Kiernan's mind busied itself with his sister's words, not quite liking the sound of them. It certainly spelled trouble. Nevertheless, the introduction was indeed necessary. "Right. Numira, this is my younger sister, Cara, as she said..."

"By only two years!"
She exclaimed, earning a soft sigh from him.

"Cara, this is Numira. I am going to be her guide into Erenguard. Well... Let's talk inside." He finished the introduction quickly as he finally noted the worsening weather. The speed at which the nice day was diminishing was all too abnormal. He stepped in front of the two women to open the door for them, Cara grabbing Numira's arm in a childishly friendly gesture to guide her inside.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-13-2014 at 12:08 AM..