View Single Post
Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
The rain is heavy tonight. Like thick curtains in a dark theater. You pull your collar up against the soaking wind and cross the street. It's nights like these you wish you were at your desk *dippin the bill ‘n gettin jammed
*Drinking till yer happy
There's the Malt Shop glowing through the the splatters. The door is ajar. You slip inside without having to open it and head for a booth in the back. It's mostly empty this time of night. Just a few patrons quietly sipping their malts. A moment later, the reason yer here walks through the door 'n it still doesn't close all the way. Hazel and Chen spot you and make their way to your booth. Sliding onto the seat, you notice Hazel doing *figure eights while Chen tries to hide some busted knuckles on his left hand. Interesting.
*Nervous, worked up
" 'Fore you get yammering, my price is $500." You say.

They look at each other. It's a lot. But you can see the desperation in their eyes and you got bills to pay.

"Fine. I’ll get you yer dough," Chen starts.

“I don’t want no hay got it?” I say incase he’s thinking of pulling one over on me.

“I ain’t handing out Bogus bills! Now here’s the rub… Me ‘n Hazel…” Chen continues but he's interrupted by the staccato shot of a gun. A dame screams. There’s the thud of a body hitting the floor.

You get up quick to see what the jam is. On the ground in front of the bar lies a body. You *lamp quick around the room but no one’s packing heat. Kneeling down, you see the slug hit this mister square in the back. Rolling over the body you discover it’s none other than Carn. Interesting. Who’d want him dead of all people?
*Look
You get up just as Police Sgt. Carl bursts through The Malt Shop’s door, *heater at the ready. "I heard a shot!" He exclaims, "Is everyone…?" He starts askin but quits yammerin when he sees Carn’s body on the ground. “Alright… Which one of yous done it?”
*Gun
You get back on your feet. “I don’t got an idea Sarg… Yet.” You eye each of the Malt Shop patrons in turn. Old Jiro the bartender. Yer clients Chen and Hazel. Anita, Whistling Pete, Suzu, Bia & Jiang... "But I’m gonna find out..."