View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2014, 03:26 AM

Day Two StoryX

musasgal: Oh geez, I hate the dark! It’s so spooky!
Shadami: Just keep looking around for those fuses.
Kamikaze Kendra: I just thought of something. I don’t even know what a fuse looks like.
Daria: You can’t be serious.
fireprincess: If you’re so smart then, what do they look like?
Daria:[hesitating] Uh, they’re um… like blue… or something?
Shadami: This is going to be a long night.
hummy: [gasping] Oh my god, that thing scared me! Why does Lawrence have such a creepy mannequin?
zigbigadorlube: [eyes widening] Guys, I don’t think that’s a mannequin!

-----

The hour is growing late. Trick or treaters have returned to their homes, and porch lights are being extinguished. Dr. Samantha Louis has been searching the streets of Haverfield since early evening, but with little luck. ‘Maybe she isn’t here,’ the doctor begins to think. But no, quieting herself, Michelle is definitely here.

As she crosses over onto another of Haverfield’s many residential roads, the stillness of the night is pierced. Screams. Dr. Louis begins to run. The front door of a two story home bursts open and out swarms a flock of panicked teenagers.

-----

Dr. Louis: [quickly approaching] What’s going on?!
Lawrence: [wide eyed and frantic] There’s… there’s someone in my house! They’ve got a knife!
Lyndon: Some of our friends are still in there!
Dr. Louis: [producing a pistol] You kids stay here. Don’t move!

For ten minutes you and your friends stand silent, waiting anxiously. Finally, the stranger emerges, returning the gun to her pocket.

Dr. Louis: She’s gone!
Andy: Where are our friends?
Dr. Louis: [solemnly] I’m sorry. They’re dead.
Paula: No! They can’t be! DariaMorgendorfer and zigbigadorlube and musasgal and Kamikaze Kendra and Shadami and fireprincess and hummy...
Bonnie: Oh no, not hummy! She was going to let me copy off her math test!
Dr. Louis: Now focus, tell me exactly what happened.
Lawrence: We were having a Halloween party when the lights went out. We split up to search for fuses. But suddenly there was this commotion coming from the rec room. That’s when he saw him! He was… he was wearing a mask and he had a knife! There was blood and… Who the hell was that?! It was like the boogeyman!
Dr. Louis: You’re almost right. But it wasn’t a man.
Lyndon: So it was a boogey?
Dr. Louis: [rolling her eyes] Let me explain. My name is Dr. Samantha Louis. I am a psychiatric doctor at the Smythe’s Meadow Sanitarium for the Criminally Insane. Yesterday evening one of my patients escaped from the hospital, and I had reason to believe that she would be coming here to Haverfield. Correctly it seems. Her name is Michelle Myles.
Lawrence: Michelle Myles?! You gotta be kidding!
Bonnie: I thought that nut job was locked up for good.
Paula: [grim] Apparently not.
Dr. Louis: Yes. You see, fifteen years ago, on…
Andy: Um doc, we all grew up here. We pretty much know about Michelle Myles.
Dr. Louis: [leaning in with a hushed tone] Kids, it’s called exposition. Maybe you could just bear with me for a moment, okay.
Andy: Oh, sorry.
Paula: Yeah.
Lyndon: [woodenly] Please Dr. Louis, tell us about Michelle Myles.
Dr. Louis: It was fifteen years ago on this very night. Halloween. Michelle Myles was a young woman of eighteen, living in the home of her parents, Eddie and Donna Myles. Michelle did have a history of emotional problems. She was never violent, though. But on this night, for some mysterious reason, something within her snapped and she murdered her parents in their bedroom. Neighbors heard the screams and summoned the police. When they arrived, they found Michelle sitting on the front step, silent. She never spoke again, her motive left unrevealed. Michelle was incarcerated at the Smythe’s Meadow Sanitarium, where I’ve been her doctor for the past fifteen years. – By all appearances, she’s been the model patient. Didn’t speak, didn’t cause trouble. Some even regarded her as a vegetable. But I knew different. I’ve spent a lot of time with Michelle. I’ve caught glimpses of the evil that lurked behind her eyes. And I knew it was only a matter of time before that evil was released.
Lawrence: What do we do now?
Dr. Louis: We all head down to the police station. Maybe the sheriff will believe what I have to say now.
Andy: You talked to my mom?
Dr. Louis: Sheriff Bradshaw is your mother? Well yes, I did. But she said that it was unlikely that Michelle Myles would come all the way back to Haverfield.
Andy: Well my old lady sure has to believe us now. C’mon.
Lyndon: [returning to his car] What the hell?! My tires have been cut!
Andy: [near his own vehicle] Shit, mine too! [looking around] They all have!
Bonnie: [frightened] What do we do now?!
Dr. Louis: I drove one of the hospital vans down here, it should fit everyone. It’s over on the next block.
Lawrence: [looking back at the house] [with forced humor] It’s probably not even worth locking the front door.

The ride down to the station is a tense one. You and your friends huddle closely in the back of the van. This has turned into a night you’d like to forget, but most likely won’t. Arriving, you all file inside with Andy and Dr. Louis leading the way. The building appears vacant, with only one officer behind the station desk.

Dep. Hurt: Hey Andy, what’re you doin’ here? Not getting into trouble, I hope.
Andy: [impatient] Gerry, is my mom here?
Dep. Hurt: No, she’s down at the high school. I’m the only one here. You know the kinda tricks you kids pull this time…
Dr. Louis: [stepping forward] Listen, Officer…
Dep. Hurt: Hurt. Deputy Gerald Hurt. And you are?
Dr. Louis: Dr. Samantha Louis. Now it is vital we get in touch with Sheriff Bradshaw. It’s about Michelle Myles. She’s escaped the Smythe’s Meadow Sanitarium and come back to Haverfield!
Dep. Hurt: [scoffs] C’mon, Michelle Myles? You’re pulling my leg. They sent her away when I was sixteen.
Andy: [deadly serious] It’s no joke, Gerry.
Paula: She murdered our friends!
Dep. Hurt: [looking at each them, one by one] You… you’re not kidding.
Dr. Louis: Contact the Smythe’s Meadow police and you’ll see that we’re not.
Dep. Hurt: [picks up the radio with increasing agitation] Sheriff Bradshaw, come in. [silence] Sheriff Bradshaw, please come in! [still nothing] Where the heck is she?!

Just then Bonnie screams and you all jump.

Bonnie: [pointing toward the door] I saw her! She’s out there!
Dep. Hurt: [unholstering his gun] You all stay back! Stay back, I said!

Hurrying from behind the desk, Deputy Hurt rushes out into the night. He moves uncertainly, but turns as if hearing something to the right, then walks out of your view. For a moment there’s silence, and then he screams! You gasp! A second later the lights flicker out.

Lyndon: [weakly] Not again.
Words can’t express the horror you feel as the ghostly form of Michelle Myles appears outside the station entrance, dragging the body of Deputy Hurt. Dr. Louis raises her gun and fires twice, but misses and breaks the glass.

Lawrence: Everybody run!

Day Two ResultsX

Evidence
You've always wondered what kind of salacious goodies would be hidden in an evidence room. But the pickings here are pretty sparse. Haverfield isn't the mean streets of New York, after all. Surprisingly, you do find something to protect yourself. A sword! But on closer inspection it's just a plastic replica. Well at least it looks menacing.
(Nutcracker Sword)

Lockup
Of all the places to run, you would choose the dead end that is the lockup.
Hiding spots are a little slim here, so you pick the furthest cell and crawl under the bunk. It dirty and grimy and... hey, money! Nothing like a little convict cash to brighten your day.
(+300g )

Men's Locker Room
Running through the station gym and taking a left, you find yourself in the men's locker room. And boy does it smell like you would expect it to. Your first thought is to hide in the lockers, but you really have no desire to share the confines with soiled socks and dirty jockstraps. Instead you burrow inside a laundry bin, thankfully filled with clean laundry. Hmm, after the scare you've had tonight, it might be wise to take some clean underwear.
(White Ruffle Panties & Black Skull Boxers)

Patrol Room
There's never a cop around when you need one and the empty station proves that. In an act of rebellion, you write "Thanks for nothing, chumps!" on the patrol room blackboard and pocket some money you find in the desk.
(+400 )

Record's Room
You hide, pressed up against the stacks in the record room. Pulling out your lighter, you see you're right next to the 'M's. You wonder... Yes, here it is! Michelle Myles' record. It says on the night of the murder, Michelle crept into her parents bedroom while they slept and butchered them with a kitchen knife. Their neighbor, a Mr. Harvey Elroy, heard the screams and called the police. Mr. Elroy states that the family had a tumultuous relationship. Mr. and Mrs. Myles were very controlling of their daughter and would keep her confined to the house, for months on end in one instance. "It was only a matter of time," he said, "before something happened."
(+1 point)

Sheriff's Office
You've made your way to the Sheriff's Office with Andy. But while you're trying to hide, as quiet as can be, he's pulling the place apart. "Stop, she's going to hear us," you plead. But he keeps on searching. Finally, "I found it!" he exclaims, holding up a key. "Come on!" he shouts, and bolts out the door.
(Key to My Heart)

Shooting Range
What luck! A shooting range! Shooting ranges mean guns, and guns mean a way of defending yourself. Or so you thought. But damnit, not a firearm in site. What you do find is the prize money for a department shooting contest. I guess that makes you feel a little better.
(+500g )

Women's Locker Room
How fortunate to be right next to the showers, since you're now covered in blood.
(R.I.P.)

Where is everybody?X

Evidence Room
Ascadellia - x
DivineHeart - x
Kamikaze Kendra - x
Mageling - x
Midian - x
Nephila - x
Rochiel Silverfire - x
spicedroses - x
star2000shadow - x
SuperZombiePotatoe - x

Lockup
blueblackrose - x
CK - x
Cora - x
Elirona - x
Hadsvich - x
Roachi - x
sjacklene - x
Xogizmoox - x

Men's Locker Room
Cardinal Biggles - x
DariaMorgendorfer - x
GummyBearKisses - x
GwenaHikari - x
Jeannesha - x
pollik17 - x
Shadami - x

Patrol Room
liquidrage - x
Miscreant74 - x

Records Room
Angel Spirit Girl - x
Chexala - x
Dystopia - x
HamletSpamlet - x
HIM_ROCK - x
Kay - x
Maha-Aamir - x
Maria-Minamino - x
nike13 - x
Roxxxy - x
Saravi Boo - x
shinigamikarasu - x
Velvet - x
wish - x
zigbigadorlube - x

Sheriff's Office
Damia Flagg - x
dragoness129 - x
KatMagenta - x
lunanuova - x
Nema - x

Shooting Range
Antagonist - x
EirianHikari - x
Iroase Delschatten - x
Liztress - x
maidenroseheart - x
Mikio - x
Mnemosyne - x
Ruby Red - x
The_Crow - x
Utopia - x
Vox - x

Women's Locker Room
girlbot9 - x
Kent - x
~LONGCAT~ - x
musasgal - x
Wrenji-chan - x

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-02-2014 at 03:19 AM..