View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Day Six StoryX

Cora: There's so many beds in here. What is this room?
The_Crow: Is this like where people come to do it?
Dystopia: It's an infirmary, you dummies.
Cora: Ew, where they keep the sick patients?!
Dystopia: [in an aggressive whisper] Keep your voices down! Now everyone hide under the beds.
The_Crow: There's a bunch of dust bunnies under this one.
Cora: Gross, there's a bed pan under mine.
Dystopia: And what's under my bed, Goldilocks? It's...

-----

You’ve heard them more than once tonight, but the sounds of screaming isn’t any less horrific. Well you're not going to be a sitting duck! You brave the corridors once more and meet up with some of your compatriots in the dark. You’re not too sure where you are, but a sudden series of shouts prompts you to move quicker. Just then you see Lawrence, pointing everyone back through the waiting room and out into the open. Dr. Louis and the others then emerge and you all race back to the van.

Andy: Get this thing going, doc!
Dr. Louis: No need to tell me twice! [starting the van, she puts the pedal to the metal and zooms off]
Paula: Wait, some of us are missing!
Dr. Louis: [sadly] They didn’t make it. The_Crow. Dystopia. Cora.
Lawrence: Not Cora. She was only one day away from retirement.
Paula: What do you mean?
Lawrence: As French club president.
Andy: How the hell does she keep following us? I swear she’s not human.
Dr. Louis: You’re right. There is nothing human left about Michelle.
Lawrence: So where do we go now?
Paula: Oh, we found this hidden in one of the patient rooms. It’s Michelle Myles’ file.
Dr. Louis: Good work, Paula. What does it say?
Paula: Let’s see. [she skims the papers] It says she was first admitted to the HPH when she was twelve for antisocial behavior and her inability to function in most social situations. Wow, twelve years old. … She would return to the hospital off and on for the next six years. … After Michelle Myles murdered her parents, she was diagnosed with sociopathic personality disorder and subsequently catatonia.
Dr. Louis: [bitterly] She was never catatonic. She was faking. I tried to tell them that, but they wouldn’t listen.
Paula: That’s weird. The last document is all blacked out.
Andy: Lemme see. [Paula hands it to him] Man, they really did want to keep this a secret. [switching on the overhead light] Wait, I think I can make something out here. … rose… Rose Wood. What does that mean?
Lawrence: [eyes widening] Rose Wood? You mean Rose Wood Orphanage?
Paula: Oh yeah! But they shut that place down like ten years ago? Is that where we need to go? What do you think, Dr. Louis?
Dr. Louis: It would be preferable if we had more to go on, but right now it’s our only viable clue. So that’s our next stop.
Lawrence: What does Michelle Myles have to do with Rose Wood? She wasn’t an orphan.
Andy: Well, she was after she murdered her parents.

Though most of you hadn’t ventured into these densely wooded and sparsely populated parts of Haverfield before, you were able to successfully instruct Dr. Louis on how to reach the abandoned orphanage. Of all the places you’ve been so far, this is undoubtedly the worst. Flanked by forest, the old mansion towers over you menacingly, and you half expect Michelle Myles to pop out of the overgrowth at any minute. Sheriff Bradshaw’s key ring isn’t much help here, but a little shoulder work from the boys is enough to force the front door open. Somehow, inside is even worse than outside, musty and bare and decorated with cobwebs. It makes you think that tonight is indeed Halloween.

Dr. Louis: I know it’s dark, but we don’t know what we’re looking for, so check every corner. If you find anything that seems noteworthy, take it. And most importantly, don’t wander off alone.

Checking over his shoulder, Andy notices his best friend has pulled away from the group. Lawrence carefully surveys the shadowy hall, running his hands along the ornate wooden banister.

Andy: You okay, Lawrence. You’re being kinda spacey.
Lawrence: [coming back to himself] Hmm, what… Oh yeah, no, I’m fine.
Andy: [furrowing his brow] You sure?
Lawrence: [nodding] Uh-huh.
Dr. Louis: [approaching] Are you two ready?
Lawrence: Yeah, Dr. Louis.
Dr. Louis: Then let’s be quick about this. And good luck to us all.

Day Six ResultsX

Boy's Dorm
The room is dark, but upon entering the boys dorm the first thing you notice is that one of the windows has been broken. You stop and call your friends to silence. The wind blows, but there is another sound, like a strange clicking. Just then, a swarm of bats swoop down from the shadowy ceiling. You hit the floor and crawl under the nearest bed. Praying you won't need later need a rabies shot, you spot something in the slats under the bed. It's money! Thank you, bat friends!
(+700g )

Dining Hall
Close your eyes and you swear the echoes of children can still be heard, chattering and laughing before their plates. Opening them again, you gasp. In the vague moonlight, you could have sworn someone was sitting at one of the tables. Approaching, you find a pair of make believe faerie wings, resting on the back of a chair. On the table is carved the words: "I wish I were a real faerie, so I could fly away from here."
(Viola Faerie Wings)

Director's Office
There's still quite a bit of furniture left in the old director's office, including the heavy oak desk. You check the drawers, but find nothing inside. Removing them, you reach into the desk frame and your fingers touch a bit of paper. It's a sealed envelope. Inside is a stack of bills and a letter. It reads: "Clarissa. We need to talk, but I can't seem to get you alone lately. It concerns the matter of what happened that day. We both know it was a mistake. One that will not be repeated, and one that certainly doesn't need to be revealed. Keep in mind that I have been the director at Rose Wood for more than two decades, and I am highly respected. You wouldn't want to do anything to tarnish that, would you? And if so, perhaps I can persuade you otherwise."
(+900g )

Discipline Room
You've reached an empty, unassuming room on the first floor. Nothing to see, really, but a curious break in the paneling catches your eyes. You push against the wood and are surprised to find that it is a secret door to a small, concrete room. What's inside sends a shiver down your spine. A single chair, a leather strap and a poem scratched into the wall.
"Master knows what's best for me
and so I say this rhyme.
Pennies for swears and nickels for sass,
but lying costs a dime.
Now cheating is a quarter sum
and stealing takes a dollar.
But master says if I'm really bad,
he's gonna make me holler.
"
(+800g )

Matron's Room
"July 1958 -- I've settled into my room here at the Rose Wood orphanage. Only after unpacking my belongings did I allow myself to heave a sigh of relief. A new start in a new town. I pray Haverfield will be good to me. After what happened last year, I left Diamond Lake and vowed never to return. But in my dreams I can still see Jane, thrashing about in the water. It haunts me."
(+1 point)

Nursery
You obviously knew that children once roamed these halls. But it hadn't occurred to you there may have once been babies as well. The vacant cribs, scattered across the room, lay open like gaping mouths, begging to be fed. Your stomach turns at the thought, but more so at what you spot in the corner. A lone crib, stained with blood. Fearfully, you approach and pull back the blanket. You stifle a scream! It's a dead crow! The bloodied creature is frightening, but pales against your next thought. The windows are shut. Who put the bird here?
(Murder on the Wing)

Playroom
Hope you're good at playin' dead.
(R.I.P.)

School Room
Dusty tables and chairs spread out haphazardly across the room. Imagine having to eat, sleep and go to school, all in the same building. Approaching the blackboard, you can just make out something written. The word 'detention' is underlined and underneath it reads: "You've been a bad, bad girl, Jennifer." There's also an obscured message about a stray dog, but it's too hard to read. Creepy.
(Detention for you!)

Where is everybody?X

-- Boy's Dorm - 700g - ALL SENT
evilcupcakecat - x
Kent - x
lunanuova - x
Midian - x
Mikio - x
Shadami - x
The_Crow - x

-- Dining Hall - Viola Fearie Wings - ALL SENT
DariaMorgendorfer - x
dragoness129 - x
EirianHikari - x
fireprincess - x
~LONGCAT~ - x

-- Director's Office - 900g - ALL SENT
Angel Spirit Girl - x
HamletSpamlet - x
musasgal - x
Nema - x

-- Discipline Room - 800g - ALL SENT
blueblackrose - x
DivineHeart - x
Dystopia - x
hummy - x
Kamikaze Kendra - x
liquidrage - x
Maria-Minamino - x
Nephila - x
sushi_mew - x

-- Matron's Room
Cardinal Biggles - x
Cora - x
Hadsvich - x
HIM_ROCK - x
Miscreant74 - x
Roxxxy - x
shinigamikarasu - x
wish - x

-- Nursery - Murder on the Wing - All SENT
Ascadellia - x
CK - x
Divacita - x
Elirona - x
GummyBearKisses - x
GwenaHikari - x
Jeannesha - x
Liztress - x
Mageling - x
PapillonCameo - x
Roachi - x
Saravi Boo - x
sjacklene - x
Utopia - x
Velvet - x

-- Playroom
Antagonist - x
girlboy9 - x
Iroase Delschatten - x
Mnemosyne - x
Seito - x
spicedroses - x
SuperZombiePotatoe - x
Whisper Invictus - x
Wrenji-chan - x
Xogizmoox - x

-- School Room - Detenton for you! -- ALL SENT
Chexala - x
Damia Flagg - x
KatMagenta - x
Maha-Aamir - x
Rochiel Silverfire - x
star2000shadow - x
Vox - x
ziigbigadorlube - x

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-08-2014 at 03:48 AM..