View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 PM

“well if catching a lie is an acquired skill then I am glad you acquired it as well as you did.” Vincent smiled and looked at her closely again, he hoped he was not scaring her with the way he watched her but he was trying to acquire her mannerisms so that they could pass as one in the same more quickly. Every move she made he watched and noted down in his mind. He realized that he was getting better at it as the years went on, maybe it was because he was getting used to coping and watching for those little ticks that make people more themselves then others.

Seeing her look when he told her about running if need be he saw a stubborn streak flash before she looked down at the floor. “it would not be for long, I would come and get you and find out what happened. Then together we would deal with it. I just don’t want to wake to find you dead or hurt beyond what the bound will heal.” Reaching out he brushed a strand of hair out of her face. “I only want to lose my partners to old age and retirement not death when I could have prevented it.” His voice was kind and gentle as he spoke of it. He was starting to sound a bit more like her in his accent. Accents had always been the easiest thing for him to pick up. “I just feel that he might try to scare you and by proxy me off to get the office. Remember he thinks there is only one of us and we do need to keep it that way. Tonight I think may be the last night we are seen together in places he has eyes. When next some one asks you to tell them I was your brother and I went back home to our mother.”

“there are some rather private things in there.” She said quietly but he heard it all the same. Smiling he reached out again to touch her face only to stop mere inches from her face. He should not be showing this close of affection to her. She might think that he was going sweet on her because she was a woman not because he could see pain there that he wanted to comfort her from. His fingers dropped back to his lap as he spoke. “I don’t pry into your thoughts unless I need to then it is only surface thoughts. The deeper ones, the ones that are our memories are harder to read. In fact I would have to be looking you in the eye to read those you don’t want me to know.” That was not the complete truth but he would never read her mind if he did not have to. He trusted her not to try to kill him and that was the only reason he would have needed to read her.

He watched as her mind raced behind her eyes trying to think of what to ask next. “Are all vampires like you?” he had to stop himself from laughing at so simple a question. He turned but for a moment and was gone. There was no sign of him in the room, only a few papers were fluttering in the breeze he had left behind then he was back in the chair as if he had not moved. He held a glass of what looked to be wine slowly sipping it.

“no.” He listened to her heart as it beat faster then it had been. There was no way she could have stopped that from happening when he used that trick. All humans reacted that way the first time they saw a vampire move at super human speeds. “no most of them are younger then me and think that humans were put on this earth just to be food for them. I and a few others on this continent are off the opinion that we should help the humans become something greater then what they are. I am actually one of the oldest ones here and the most likely to pass as human. I remember to act human most of the time where as they will do things that…” he stopped his eyes going to the door. His whole body seemed to become stone as he listened to something going on outside the room. The next thing Blaire knew was she was in a small place with a small eye hole so she could look out on the office, Vincent was shutting the door on her just as his office door was opening.

A well dressed man walked into the room, his black hair had a slight curl to it and it ended just below his shoulders. Around his face was a simple cut beard and mustache, the beard not going the full length of the jaw. There were dimples at the edges of his mustache. He wore a finely cut business suit that had been tailored to fit his body. He walked with a cane but did not need it to keep himself upright, it was more for the fashion then for need. His eyes crinkled as he smiled at Vincent. “You did not need to hide your guest dear Vincent.” His voice was soft and kind, with a hint of a melody in it. Taking off his hat he laid his coat over the back of the chair that Blaire had just been in moments before.

Vincent went form a defensive posture to one of relaxation with a sigh. “I had not known it would be you Warren. I seem to have gotten myself followers that I can’t see and if I can protect my guest I am going to.” Warrens smile only grew bigger as Vincent spoke.

“Well it is not nice to send out a call requesting aid then acting as if you never asked for it.” Warren clasped Vincent on the shoulders then pulled him in for a big hug. What little breath was still in Vincent whooshed out as Warren tightened his hug then let go. “Now you do not look like you need help and I came as soon as I was able to, I got myself an orphan recently and have been dealing with him.” As Warren spoke he walked to where Blaire was, before he could touch the door that hid her, a bright light flashed and he pulled his blackened hand away. It heals quickly but not as quickly as Vincent had when he was wounded. “That is a nasty ward.”

“It has to be to protect a human from one of us.” Vincent’s voice had become unwelcoming. “what do you mean calling for help?” his eyes searched Warrens face trying to catch him in a lie. ’This is my friend Warren the one I was thinking of sending you to too talk to. But now I am not to sure he is to be completely trusted. If you want to come out you can.’ Vincent showed her where the handle was to open the door.

“this morning you called out in pain, I do belive that most of the city heard your call. It went quite not long after which is why I waited till I could tell where you were.” Warrens eyes were no longer merry but full of worry. He could read the fear in the room from Vincent and his distrust. It was clear with the look on his face this was not the way Vincent acted around him and it concerned him.

((Warren but picture him with dark black hair not the gray))