View Single Post
Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 01-20-2017, 05:55 AM

January 19th

Snow. So much snow. I've had it up to Here with snow ("here" being about waist deep in some places). Sometimes it feels like I live in The Shining without the alcoholism, abuse, and ghosts*. If this keeps up they may bar the weekend guests from driving the canyon road. We've had groups snowed in before, which was its own special struggle, but never snowed out. As far as I know that's never actually happened.

When I was walking into work today the way my keys knocked against my plastic keychain sounded pitch perfect for the Pip-Boy Geiger Counter in Fallout 4 and the first thought that popped into my head was how I was going to die of RAD poisoning in this frozen wasteland. Admittedly this thought probably came from the fact I may have gone too hard on my fo4 binge on my days off.

*The no ghost thing is still under debate.

Campaign Update

Worldbuilding for this homebrew D&D campaign I'm working on has been some of the most fun I've had in a while. However, in classic Me style, I may be getting a little Too Deep. I've spent the last hour getting deep into that toponymy (the study of place names) life to get inspiration for city names and while it is endlessly fascinating it has done little to help with my helplessly indecisive nature. Therefore...

GOALS:
Just. Pick some names. Start small. Honestly, knowing the people who want to make up your Adventuring Party they wouldn't even care if you ended up Retconning it later. Which leads us to...

REMINDERS:
Literally the only thing that's stopping this from starting is your own perfectionism. Remember you're here to have a good time. And maybe lowkey ruin your AP's lives. But, like, in a fun for the whole family sort of way.

Last edited by Apicula; 01-22-2017 at 04:01 AM..