Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
GregDinskisk

Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM

LET'S START!

Alex

Alex knew it was over before it begun. He couldn't see his opposition... the enemy was surrounded in shadows. He could tell that his enemy was a male though, from his stance and the way he breathed. Alex jumped forward to tackle him, but he was thrown back by some unseen force. He laid on the floor, unable to get up. He felt blood trickle down his back because of a glass bottle he was thrown on. The man attacking Alex came forward, but his face was still covered by shadows. Alex struggled against the force on top of him, but to know avail. It was over.

The 'Shadow Man', as Alex thought of him, came over, and went down to his knees, as if bowing before a king. He had a strange looking weapon at Alex's neck. 'Or is it a claw?' He thought. He saw a flash, Alex gasped, and...

It was over.

The dream Alex was having was done. He woke up, panting. His brother, Steven, rushed into the room.

"Are you okay? I heard a scream?" Steven said to him, with a worried tone.

"I hope it was a manly one you heard... I'm sorry. This is happening way too often," Alex replied to him, panting stopping. He was sick of waking up with this happening every day. It was a wonder in Alex's mind that Steven hasn't kicked him out yet.

Steven smiled at the first comment. "Look, little brother, it's alright. I realized when I took you in that this might happen. You were in Afghanistan for far too long."

Alex smiled apologetically. "Thank you Steven."

Steven nodded, accepting the apology. "Now get up Alex. It's almost four in the afternoon. Your shift starts soon." Steven then started to leave the room, but then stopped. "Also... it's a double shift for you tonight. We lost Carl the other day. We have a new girl coming in to work barkeep from midnight to six, so I want you to teach her the ins and outs of the bar tonight. Thanks, brother."

Alex nodded, accepting this. He wouldn't have gotten much sleep tonight anyways.

"What's her name?" He asked, the only question he wanted to know.

"No idea. I forget," Steven said back, smiling. He had a tendency to not remember names. He wasn't good with EVER. That's one reason why most of his relationships end with him laughing, after forgetting their names after the seventh date.

Alex chuckled at this. "Okay, Steven."

Steven then left the room, and Alex proceeded to getting dressed, to man his post. All of a sudden, he felt a presence in the room. Something dark. Behind him. He didn't turn though, knowing that if he did, everything he knew, or thought he knew, would change. He wasn't sure how he knew that though. He heard four words from it, and they too changed everything, but he didn't know how. He didn't quite hear them, but the mans dark thoughts were projected...

'Everything is in motion'