Thread: A jar of jelly
View Single Post
jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 AM

I wanted to make one of these, but I wasn't sure I'd have anything nice to record, that's kind of emo of me, isn't it. But I has something nice! \o/

Not nice run-up...

Last Tuesday I had to go to hospital for a lumbar puncture, understandably I was a little bit apprehensive about that. (Do you like that typically British undertstatement there). The day before there was this little package in the post for me. I was confused by this; I had things coming to me that I'd bought, but none were from Hong Kong this time around, and my name on it said Jackie, not Jacqueline.

I sat and looked at this and couldn't make sense of it (this is entirely normal for me these days, as I do have a broken brain now and it tends to just sit there going rather than doing anything productive, such as thinking. )

On the envelope it said hummingbird, now, I had bought something to do with a hummingbird so I thought I was on more solid ground now, but when I turned it over and read what was on the customs bit for content it said plush, so I was back to being very puzzled.

I shrugged that off because from personal experience I was well aware that Asian sellers will write anything on the customs slip. For example, I bought a pair of gloves, and in that customs section it said electronic equipment...

So I opened the envelope up, and looked in, and thought, "that doesn't look like a hummingbird!" I was still entirely confused at this point. Reached in, and out of it came this little guy!

A Tototo, a very nearly teal Totoro, and suddenly, light dawned!!
It didn't say hummingbird on the envelope, this was from HUMMY!! THAT was why it said Jackie, because that was the name I told her, duh! That was why it came from Hong Kong when I'd not bought anything from there. (there were bird stamps on it, incidentally, but they were an eagle and a woodpecker ><)

So I has a little moment, and put the little guy in my bag so he could come to the hospital with me, and now I've made this thread. 100% because hummy: gave me a nice memory to record. =3

Last edited by jellysundae; 01-22-2014 at 06:24 AM..