Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2020, 05:58 PM

Jayde didn't even consider moving out of the reach of Harlan's arms, though he didn't return the hug. Still, even this much left a thrill of warmth rushing through him, leaving behind a strange sense of belonging. It really had been a while hadn't it? Jayde shook his head, keeping his smile carefully in place, though it didn't reach his eyes. He pulled back from the hug, murmuring his own farewell before he watched Harlan walk away. The shadows seemed to move back into place around Jayde, but that was fine. He'd gotten used to them and it let him steel his nerves, knowing there was still a long night ahead.

~~

Axel swallowed, trying to keep the sudden rush of...something from showing on his face. How could Fane be like this though? So intense and so completely under Axel's skin after just a few meetings that it wasn't fair at all. "You..." He licked his lips as he stepped back from the car, then shook his head with another wild laugh.

"Shit! You really keep surprising me! Seriously, were you this much of a devil in disguise from the start? Guys like you should come with a warning!" His smile turned fond though as he waved Fane toward the walk up to the front door as he fished out his keys. "But hey, who am I to complain? I might even fall in love with a personality gap like that!"