Thread: Rain Song
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-26-2018, 09:16 PM

When Hiseo shook his head, his smile looked sad around the edges. Although he couldn't help a hint of fondness as well. Saya was too sweet to be offered up in sacrifice to a god. Unlike the others who had been offered up to him, she seemed to genuinely care, wanting to find some way to make him happy. And yet, he knew better than anyone that such a thing could not be achieved easily. "Thank you for your kind words, Saya, but I think I will have to accept the lonesomeness that is my life. It is the way of gods. Immortal, all important--all I can borrow from humans is a moment's time," he murmured, careful not to use the word 'loneliness'. He was alone, not lonely. The careful line between the two words hovered in the air, despite how untrue the distinction might be.

Placing another smile on his face, he tried to brush past the conversation topic. "But it is quite alright. I'm glad that you enjoyed the honey. It's such a pleasant commodity and I find I can't go long without it. It is a pity that the bees are wondered away along with the flowers though. In another year's time, there may be no more honey left to harvest."