View Single Post
ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-10-2012, 01:58 AM

Lewis had never really liked riddles. He was smart enough to understand them, he just didn’t understand why people would mask the truth.

Just lie, or tell me true.

The sound of the woman’s voice was soothing to his ears. It reminded him of everyone he had ever known, and more.

I should be afraid, but this does feel right. Just embrace the trip, you will be back in the bar soon enough.

“Yes. Hades.” He said half kidding, yet it felt right. The saying of the words made him feel strong. A lot stronger then he had ever felt before.

“Walk with me ladies,” He said towards the 3 woman as he began to slowly walk further in to the underworld. Through the doors he walked, he felt like poet Dante as he walked through the high arched doorway. There was a long stone passage, it was darker then the night yet Lewis managed to walk without missing a step or stumbling. The sounds of torment began to get louder and louder.

It sounds like music.

Something else began to chime in with the music of pain and terror, the sound of water. The river was swift moving, and strangely it lit up the cave, a pale teal much like the fog in the first cavern. There was a boat tethered to the shore, but no boatman. So Lewis kept walking something in the back of his mind told him nothing bad would happen.

I can not burn, I can not fail.

Hands rose up from the water. Some were nothing but bone, some covered in grey flesh. Slowly more hands rose. And more until a path was formed down the teal glowed rapids.

This feels so natural, so real.

He walked on the extended hands, eyes forward. The banks of the river jagged with rocks, the ceiling jagged with stalagmites. The river flowed down and a round tight bends that reminded Lewis of a waterslide he rode as a child. The sounds of torment became louder and more rhythmic.

The tight passage of the river opened to a larger opening. The cave was as big as a city. And in the center stood giant palace built in to and around a large circle of Stalagmites. The hand path lead to a fork the river, each branch of the forking river flowed in to waterfalls down a deep bottomless looking pit that surrounded the palace. From the pit the screams and torments of a thousand generations of life.

The Tartarus. What sweet music. I am home

He walked across a small stone bridge that led to large palace. The doors of the palace was a dark stone. It appeared to be carved hematite. As Lewis approached the doors they opened.

He was met by a large man, yet something was off about him. He didn’t have legs; instead his lower body was like that of two snakes.

Minos

“Welcome home my lord,” Said the snake man “It has been too long. Your loyal servants still judges in your absence.”

“Good” He looked around the three women was standing with the snake man Minos.

“I have a gift for you.” Minos said ignoring the three women, or not seeing them, “Your old helm.”

Minos reached out with his long slender arms and dropped a large gold ring in his hands. The ring felt powerful in Lewis hands.

“This is a ring, no helm” Lewis stated flat with no sound of anger or gratitude.

“After the death of Perseus, the helm was abused by mortals, damaged beyond repair, we melted it down and hardened it in the blood of virgins.”
Virgins.

The thought made him think of red hair, and deep green eyes.

Terra