View Single Post
Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-27-2021, 04:02 AM

Yeah, I'll be honest, I had been off Mene for so long that when I came back several years ago and it had gotten significantly quieter, I was already saying my goodbyes to the place. Then I took another year or so break and it was even more dead. And, having seen several other sites die already (or attempting to return from hiatus to find them gone already), this ending doesn't hurt me. It's sad that an era is ending, but...idk. I don't think I made any real significant connections with anyone either so it really doesn't get to me, emotionally, the way it does to a lot of people.
Back when I was first on sites, I was naive and a moody, emo teen/young adult. And now, well...now, none of the few friends I had back in the day are still on any of the sites that are still active so it's not a big loss for me. I've already lost any thin connections I had made, so now it's just a site to chat and have shallow conversations until it's gone.

Sorry, that got ranty and super bleak, but it's just kind of how I feel about it.

tldr; dying sites like Mene are sad, but not emotionally devastating to me because I lost all my friends from them years ago anyway.