View Single Post
Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless your actions see them through...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM

"Thank you, and likewise." This time Vi's tone was genuine and her smile completely innocent. It was a swift turnaround from earlier. Whatever Kage had done when he looked at her seemed to straighten out her attitude. . .

When they got outside, the Vi stood next to Kage for a moment and they watched as Faith vanished into the distance. When Kage was sure she was out of earshot he turned to his friend, "Look, I don't want you doing anything to compromise this mission understood?" Vi nodded, "I won't do anything to ruin the mission. You have my word Azoth." Though that doesn't mean she's not fair game afterwards. Hearing his real name flowing from her tongue was a bit refreshing. She usually called him Kage just to keep things professional. Now that he thought about it, Viridiana had been getting more personal with him all day since he had told her about this mission. She had even kissed him earlier, which completely threw him off balance and he had no response for it. The truth of the matter was out. . . They had feelings for one another.

Even with that being the case, both of them were highly professional and neither would wreck the mission over anything silly. And as far as Kage was concerned, he would allow either one of the ladies to die if it meant completing the mission for a greater good but he would never have said such a thing because they were both special. Damn, how'd I get myself into something like this? Love had never been on his radar before, so where did this come from? "Let's go," and with those words went the thoughts of a confused young man. I'm the best at what I do, and its time to act like it. It was his silent motivation and his way of mastering inner turmoil.

The two raced off gliding along the rooftops until they closed in near the warehouse sewer entrance. They quickly noticed the burnt orange outfits of the Tigers and leapt into the cover of building's shadows. It was then that Faith came out to meet them. Her suggestion was a viable one and Kage knew it but he had other plans at the moment and those men were no threat to him, "I'll leave them up to you two. I have faith you can handle them. I'm going on ahead." He smiled and winked at the ladies then stealthily made his way over to the manhole, removed the top and jumped into the sewers.

(I'll leave Vi in your control at this point)

The foul stench of shit and piss along with rotten eggs and a few other smells that Kage didn't even want to put his finger on ravaged his senses. Casting a spell over himself the male inhaled and suddenly it was as if the air was pure. Ready to get this mission over with he stalked through the sewer silently, figuring that if they were truly prepared someone would have some sort of defense down here. When he reached the last corner he peaked around to check, as he had done all the others, and almost cursed. To his dismay, his instincts had been right, there were three Tigers waiting at the exit where the back door was. I suppose it was too much to hope this would be easy.

With the limited lighting in the place the shadows completely covered his body making it nearly impossible to see him. He took a few moments to try and see if he knew who any of them were. There were a few people in the Tiger's Order who were fairly well known but mostly because of their ruthless brutality that was overkill. One man by the name codename of Fang was a high ranking murderer in their order who had slaughtered an entire noble's family and then signed his name on the wall in blood above their bodies which were hung upside down headless. He was probably the most feared assassin in the city and he was the man in the middle.

Kage reached into the strap on his right leg and pulled out three throwing knives and launched them at them as he pulled a dead on sprint towards Fang. He killed the other two outright catching them both squarely in the head but Fang dodged the one aimed at him and pulled the longsword from his back. He caught sight of Kage before he was able to fully close the distance between them and slouched into a defensive stance, "So the great Kage's come to play has he?"

(Sorry it took so long my internet is being a witch lol)