View Single Post
CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 05:25 AM

"It's pretty rare, barely documented. Kimmie, you were lucky to happen upon that book." Lionel said with a shrug, "They don't say much, but enough to get the general idea."

She flipped to the page that Lionel had indicated, coming across a short few paragraphs about said curse. Kim started to read it aloud. "In some cases, the children of water spirits would be forced to become maidens or men of the sea. They can never leave it; if they do, their bodies are sapped of the water that keeps them alive and they turn into sand. The sea gifts them with the ability to bend the water to their will and will keep them youthful," Kim paused for a breath that she'd been holding accidentally, "Even rarer cases, only a few ever documented, the sea will choose a human to stand in a water spirit's child's stead, often with their abilities being to a lesser degree and also the curse being slightly less severe... In one story, it is told that a water spirit affected by the curse somehow broke it, only to be turned into sand by the angry sea. His lover was then to take his place, bound to the shore and not able to leave it."

Her breath caught in her throat. She looked to Rebecca and Lionel with a slight bit of anxiety. She laughed though, after a minute, and ran a hand through her hair. "I'm cursed! Of all the things... I knew I used to be human, but I was hoping that maybe it was something else..."

"Hey, at least we know what to look for, since I don't think that's enough to sate your desire to figure out what's going on. We can try finding the names of those humans affected by the Lorelei Curse and that story mentioned in there." Lionel said, crossing his arms.

Kim bit her lips, shaking her head, "It's enough for now. What I'm really worried about is..." She paused, debating about whether or not she should be worrying. After all, Shaya had told her not to. "I guess I can't help it. I'm worried about Shaya. What she was talking about with those other two sounded... grave. And she didn't look too good..."

((If the mythology thing sounds kinda weak, sorry. ^^; I'm getting a little tired. I might be going to sleep soonish.))