View Single Post
For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-05-2018, 02:49 AM

Let's see, we have a lot of beaches. There's always a lot of good seafood to eat around them. It's easy to find a place that serves good chowder and clam cakes. You can take a ferry out to Block Island for more beaches or biking around the island or just shopping. There's Newport, a place with lots of fancy mansions that you can tour or a nice downtown shopping area you can walk through.

Providence is pretty packed with culture. We have Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design, and Johnson & Wales University here. Providence is big on arts and culture, so walking around downtown you see a lot of neat murals and stuff. We recently had PVD fest, which was a nice arts and culture festival with lots of musical acts and other performances, vendors, parades, food trucks. We also have WaterFire. It's basically bonfires in the river but they have music and other performances along with it. Sometimes fire dancers, sometimes boats with glowing fish.

There's a really thriving arts scene with RISD right here. There are a lot of small local art gift shops. We have a pop up flea market with artisan goods and antiques. I find that it's really fun. Oh, also we have a growing food truck scene. We have some really good food trucks!

We still have a Drive-in movie theatre in operation. We have a minor league baseball team, the Pawsox, if you're into sports. We have a ComicCon. It's just an interesting cross-section of stuff. And Rhode Island is really close to Boston and not too far from New York City. I've driven from here to Philadelphia and Washington DC both in less than a day. You can also head the other direction and get to Maine or any other part of New England pretty quickly.

Also, if you come in the fall, you can see all the pretty autumn leaves. That's a nice time of year. Not so crazy about the snow and having to shovel it, but I still like it here despite that.