Thread: To Be Human
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 PM

Jake flopped down and sighed forcibly, pulling the top button of his shirt apart and letting the mid-autumn breeze hit his skin. "God, I'm hot..." He sighed, looking at where Tim sat beside him. They had just gotten out of the library, which had hosted a book sale and fundraiser, and the thrumming of bodies in that carpeted, closed-up area had made him start sweating just an hour into it. He pulled back his curly brown-blonde hair and tied it up high so it was off his neck---a necessity, to keep his hair long just so he could do that---and leaned against the metal railing beside him.

"You're always hot." Tim said, rolling his eyes and sitting heavily beside Jake.

"Gee, that's sweet of you to say, but that's not what I mean." Jake smiled for the first time since lunchtime, and it looked somewhat weary. Tim shoved him a little.

"You know what I mean, ass." Jake laughed at that, holding out his hand. Tim huffed, pulling his smartphone out of his pocket and handing it over. "You don't know what's gonna happen to you, man. You shouldn't have sent that email."

"Tim, I'm pretty desperate here. This whole thing isn't helping me keep my apartment every month."

"Then live with me! We'll split the rent, you don't have to worry anymore..."

"And you keep your place's temperature set to 'inferno'. Especially when it gets cooler in these months." He looked up to his unexpected friend. Tim was pretty sweet, but he was basically coldblooded naturally, and anything below boiling was considered 'jacket weather'. In Jake's opinion, anything freezing or below was tank top and shorts weather. He seemed to steam in the deeper winter months. "Hey... Hey, I was accepted!" Jake looked up with a shocked, surprised air. "I got directions to the place here... Tim, wanna drop me off?"

"What's this entail...?" Tim looked at him with unexpected concern. "I mean, anything... weird?"

"Hell, I don't think that's legal. But look, it's only for a while, then I'll be back, be able to start up a business, even, and maybe I'll make you a partner so you don't have to waste your life here. Soooo... What? You gonna take me, or no?"

Tim sighed as he took his phone back. "Fine... Good God, I know I can't talk you out of this."

Jake smiled and stood, sliding out of his shirt and sighing as the cool air hit his constantly heated skin. "Good. We head off tomorrow morning!"