View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-10-2016, 01:32 AM

☆ April 9
Sick again! Blast! Just a cold this time, but I feel like I'm going to scrap my nose off my face with the number of tissues I've had to use.

I think this is the 3rd time I've been sick this term, and I'm 98% certain all three times have been stress related. I had a huge paper due this week and I started getting sick the day it was due because I was so on edge about getting it done. Moral of the story: don't procrastinate homework so much that it literally makes you sick!

Other take-away lessons from getting sick too often: I let my exercise routine lapse, and I need to pick that up again, because regular activity is good for your immune system etc. Also I eat poorly when I'm stressed because I don't have enough motivation to cook. I could help myself a lot by exploring new kinds of healthy "snacks" I could get or make ahead of time. Things like baby carrots, fruit, or frozen leftovers.

Other than that, school is going okay. I made it through the two most stressful assignments I had and my general, traditional mid-term stress. Plenty of work left to do, but the end is in sight. Also I've been making time to work on Menewsha projects behind the scenes. What happens in the staff rooms stays in the staff rooms, but I can share the tumblr blog I set up: Chexala's Pick. I see so many fantastic avatars all the time and I can't nominate them all to User's Pick, so I thought I'd make a blog for it! It's fun, and might boost Mene's visibility a little bit too (I hope!)