View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 03-21-2016, 04:31 PM

Thank you so much, Inzanebraned! <3 Haha I love that term, Tetrisizing! I might just start using that term with a slightly different definition because I love playing Tetris, and I often tell my friends and family that fitting all the new groceries into the fridge is like playing real-life Tetris! So that's a perfect word! That is a good idea, to take things with you if you are going to another room or something anyway *nods* I don't have a dishwasher either, so I have hand-washed all my dishes my entire life.

That is good that you enjoy folding laundry and vacuuming! I used to not like doing laundry much, because the way our system was set up was such that we had to watch the washing machine every time we put in a load. Because the pipe that empties out the washing machine goes into our sink, which is pretty shallow, and if you don't watch it, then a ton of water could potentially overflow everywhere.

But luckily, we got a new washing machine pretty recently, which is one of those eco-friendly ones that conserves water. So now, doing the laundry is great and easy! Because the amount of water that comes out is small enough that the sink will never overflow unless the drain is clogged or something. We didn't buy this particular machine with that intention, but it worked out great for us. I am doing my third load of the day right now, actually. First, I washed all the light-colored clothing and bed linings. Second, I washed the bath and hand towels. And now, I am washing the socks. There are still dark-colored items left to wash, but the clotheslines are running out of space! So I guess I will wash those tomorrow.

Just as an aside - it was a ton of multi-tasking this morning! In between loading the washing machine and hanging things on the clothesline, I was running back and forth to the kitchen where I was cooking noodles and sausages, reheating some beef stew, and poaching eggs for lunch. I also got some new dresses that I was trying on.