View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 AM

Walking into the sanctuary, she began straightening hymnals as she made her way upfront. Finally she reached the first pew and sat down in it. The priest came out and saw her sitting there worn and a bit frustrated. Quietly walking over, he asked, "Would a listening ear be welcome?" She looked up gave a wimpish smiled, "My life isn't going as planned at the moment. This morning we found a cut fence in once of the pastures. Went back out there this afternoon to check it out after getting the horse herd located. Jake found small footprints but no horse tracks. Then he went and left early to tutor the librarian's daughter. It just irks me is all."

He frowned at the mention of the cut fence and it only deepened at the small tracks. However once she moved on to Jake going into town, his face became carefully blank. He wouldn't take sides when it came to matters of the heart. She knew that. Yet she wished just once that he would be angry with her. Jake worked for her, the tutoring idea being a side job. He laid a hand on her shoulder, "How about you come with me to the cafe. I'm buying."