View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
Well, we used to have an AMAZING landlord! She cared so much about the building, she would do a sweep of the building every day and make sure everything was clean. But the month we moved here, she retired... >:( We've gone through TWO landlords since then and they can't seem to keep the building clean... Dogs poo everywhere and NO ONE picks it up. When we moved in, our apartment wasn't clean, the floors had scratches and the countertops were busted. The landlord who was with us took pictures and promised that she'd fix it, but she eventually left and was replaced by someone who cares even LESS.

If we had known that the original landlord, who'd been here for several years, was going to leave, we'd probably not have moved here.
How does one leave behind busted countertops? Did Sasquatch break in, smoke some meth, go into a rage, and then bolt out of there?

Sounds a lot like my old apartment complex. Different place. Same human condition.

What happened at my old apartment complex was the owner brought in this sterling individual who, at first, began to improve things. He evicted drug dealers who were squatting. That was a necessary and good first step. The put in a soda machine in the laundry. That was good. Then bought to bbq grills for the pool area. And that was good. Then he had the large mesquite tree trimmed and cut so that room could be made for a playground set from Home Depot the children could use. This was also good.

Then he slowly let his Mr. Hyde personality show itself.

With the owner's Home Depot charge card, he then purchased I don't know how many tools and began selling them for personal profit. Why the owner never had him prosecuted is beyond me.

Then the owner would end up hiring two more managers and they just couldn't hack it. When the first sleazeball property management company took over there were nineteen residents living in a fifty two apartment complex. I loved it then. Only decent people lived there then. Then Sleazeball LLC began letting anyone in. Drug dealers. Prostitutes. Deadbeats. Junkies. Gang members. Burglars. I may as well been living at a halfway house.

Coming home one night from an evening from the movies, there was a heavy police presence. As I soon found out, there had been a shooting. Fortunately, no one was hurt as the shooters were no marksmen. I wasn't rattled by the shooting even though it was very near my apartment. However, one of my favorite neighbors moved out due to the shooting Incident. This really made me upset towards the property management company. That sleazeball property management company caused so many good people to move out.

Anyway, that's my rant, and I'm sticking to it. There's a lot more to tell, but that would be like writing a novel. The drug dealing ice cream truck, the roof collapse, the animal cruelty, the altercations, the undercover police as residents, the parking lot as a dumping ground for stolen cars, the domestic violence, and yes, even sex. Sweet, paltry sex. I also learned how to steal cable. 😑😔

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 12-06-2018 at 07:53 AM..