View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-18-2015, 06:11 PM

"Awww, c'mon, is that really the best you've got?"

Blood. There was a lot of it. The vast majority of it was on his fist or streaming from his nose. Cheek, swollen from absorbing so many throws and kicks, was starting to gleam that nasty purple hue--a surefire sign of bruising! Still, he provoked onward. It was almost as if he enjoyed getting his ass-kicked.

It was just one very five. To be fair, the odds weren't in his favor and yet there he was, risking on his shaking, sore knees. Drawing up another fist, he rubbed his nose to wipe away the blood.

"Don't tell me you're pussin' out," he haunted while panting. Sweat drenched him from head to toe. Truthfully, he looked horrid. Wasn't smelling that great either. But such is the case with Kynal. He never knew when to throw in the towel and quit.

"Fiddy on the kid," a man from behind the railing shouted while waving something green. Another chimed in, offering to drop "'undred" on the kid.

In no time, the kid by the name of Kynal Dethune had about 2k to his name. If he could win this fight, almost all that money would be his. His handler, extremely gracious, would only take a small cut because, let's face it, the handler doesn't do shit once the bell is rung.

With his eye on the prize, the last of the five thugs, he gave the first swing. Soon, fists met faces and the two men--one 27 and the other 41--were rolling around in the dust and dirt. Kynal took a snap at the man's back while the man gave the raven a good kick in the gut. Recoiling back, the kid really had to be wary about this fight. If he didn't time it just right, he would lose!

Lost in thoughts, he didn't see the older man grab a chair. He only felt it as it slammed into his back. In seconds, Kynal was defeated. That was until he cracked a grin and let the "flash" happen.

A pulse of red light shot from his eyes. Everyone in the arena was rewound and time was reset to 15-seconds earlier. Knowing just how his opponent was going to fight, Kynal could easily punch him out with one more.

The audience, sitting in stifling silence, broke into a fit of screams and claps. Never before had they seen a knock out like that!

Grin in tow, he bowed and walked to gain his prize. It was time to blow this popsicle joint before someone caught onto his antics and called him out on cheating for "magical gifts" weren't allowed in the rink.

Shrugging it off, he fingered the cash before turning on his heels to exit. Only, instead of moving forward out the door, he flew backwards onto his rump!

"Hey," his voice had a snarl to it.

"Using the flash again, bro?" A man, easily standing over 6-feet tall, glared down at the raven. "I'm telling you, you need to stop relying on that. It's eating away your life." He had a very authoritative voice about him, likely due to being the older brother. However, such was not the case.

"Malreth,"
the raven rolled his eyes, "must you always be the downer?"

"Ky, I'm never the downer. I'm just worried."

"Bleh, I'll be fine." He sensed an objection. "Ayh! I'm the older brother. I make the rules here. No more complaining!"

"Seriously? Using that card again, are we?"
Sliding his hands over his chest, the blonde laughed. "But fine. Can we, uh, clean you up? You stink."

Ky glared. "Not shit."

"Hmmm, no. I think you're more of a sweaty man smell."

Snorting then grunting, Ky kicked his brother in the shin. "Move it, Groot."

"I... am... Groot!"

"Yes, yes. We get it. You're a walking, talking, useless tree."

"Grooooooot!"

Pinching his nose, Ky brushed past the taller yet younger brother. Now outside, he squinted his eyes and growled. "It's still day time?" Yanking his brother's arm toward him, he sighed. "Ugh, it's only 3. Today is dragging."

"Well, maybe after you shower and clean up, I'll treat you to ice cream." Hands on his hips, Malreth smiled. "Unlike you, I have a real job that makes real money."

"Boo, detective Malreth is boring."

"Who's the older one?" With a laugh, the two wandered down the street without a care in the world. Only, about 5-minutes later, Malreth's phone went off.

"Eek, sorry, bro. I have to take this. A witness is being a problem now and demanding to speak to me. I'll uh, catch you later?"

And like that, Malreth was gone. Letting out a sigh, Kynal just slouched. "Fine. But you still owe me ice cream," he half-shouted. Now alone, he slowly walked home, still caked in blood, dust, and sweat.

Last edited by Xavirne; 06-18-2015 at 06:13 PM..