View Single Post
YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-12-2019, 02:22 AM

Silas removed a second cup from the cupboard after Arael responded. He turned to the sink next to the kettle in order to wash and rinse his hands. "Today sure was busy," he mused. He maneuvered a scoop of green tea leaves into a small spherical cage made of metal and then shut the clasp. Once he lowered it by a chain into the first cup he lifted the kettle to pour water over it. There was the steam again..

"You learned how to seal them?" he asked, and then understood the context. "Oh." He stifled a laugh. "You'll figure it out, I'm sure―if boss won't help you first." Silas was old enough to have befriended most of the Highrose members, even those who rarely patrolled anymore and stuck to training. The thought of some of the trainers―his friends―as bosses brought a warm smile to his face. "Be careful while you don't have them, though. I don't want to find out that you went for a dive without any aerial gear. Here," he said as he lifted the tea cage out of the cup and offered it to the younger guardian. "There's sugar in the cabinet on your right if you like. And honey―they say it helps with sleep."

The calm atmosphere and tea reminded him of time he had spent with mortals. With Jason. Silas's brow twitched into the beginning of a frown, so he stopped himself and turned back toward the kettle to prepare a second cup. "Who do you train with these days?"

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Mars had slipped her key copy into the door already and turned it enough to open. Once she heard a permissive response from within, she gave the door a strong kick. "Lea! Lea I've been looking for you for hours where have you been?" she asked. Then she saw Jason. "What happened to you two?" she blurted as she removed her key and closed the door. She hurried over to the two. "Did everything go okay today? You don't look so good―" she started to ramble.

Then she sighed briefly and instead settled for a glomp on Lea. "Aaaagh I'm just glad you're in one piece! I know you two are learning how to do things on your own but if something bad happens you know you can call me! You hear me, Lea? Call me next time!"