View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-09-2014, 12:45 AM

Stupid hands. No, stupid, brain. No, stupid fake study letter. Nixie was feeling a little angry with herself for a number of reasons. It wasn't until someone called her pretty, that she peered up through her bangs in shock. She turned to look behind her. Had someone else come up? No. Well he certainly wasn't talking to Nixie. Though, he was looking right at her. She glanced over her shoulder again. Yep, definitely looking at Nixie.

Her cheeks turned bright red. "Y-yeah, sure, I mean yes, I can't do that. I mean I can do that." She'd accidentally mixed the words 'can' and 'want' and said 'can't'. Idiot. If she could get past the bad first impressions thing, and get a little self confidence, her new hands really could come in handy. Boom. She was on a roll.

Suddenly Caleb and Corynn's voices were louder than before. She realized the voices she'd been hearing had gone. Was she really going crazy here? Just what she needed on top of all of her other problems, to be clinically crazy.

Nixie looked to Corynn, pushing her bangs aside haphazardly. Think something? Hmm. People were always thinking things, but once put on the spot, it was hard to actually think about anything but thinking of something to think about. She looked around for ideas of things to think about.

She wondered what Corynn was up to. She looked at Caleb, he looked ready for a fight. Somehow Nixie assumed this was how he always looked. It was kind of, attractive. She was supposed to be thinking of something for Corynn, who was rubbing her temples with her eyes closed.

Oh, don't say she's a mind reader. Not after that thing Nixie thought about her brother. There was a point in time that Nixie wouldn't have assumed something like that, about powers. But after all the weird happenings around here, it wouldn't surprise her.

What could she think now? Please don't really be a mind reader.... The last thing Nixie needed was anyone inside her head seeing just how huge of a reject she really was. Even though all of these thoughts had passed through her mind, Nixie hoped that this one was the only one Corynn would somehow hear, if of course that's what was going on here.

My name is Nixie Shae Roth. I'm 19 years old. I live, lived, in Cluremond, XI. I once went camping with my dad when I was nine years old and he added too much lighter fluid before starting the fire and singed off my eyebrows.