View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-05-2016, 05:02 PM

Clark turned his head to another source. It was his first mate, still as antsy as ever. "We'll slow down, but not stop, just in case something comes ou' a' us." He nodded to the man at the wheel and turned, barking orders at the rest of the crew, who had begun to get as antsy as Gerard due to the fog. Clark turned to Gerard and asked, "Do you 'ave any ideas on what we should do? Spyglass won't do much in this damned weather." He paused. He told his men around him to keep quiet. Clark thought he heard voices coming out of the fog. Some of the men started to get scared.

Clark drew in close to Gerard. "Tell the rest of the men to ready their weapons. Some poor sod must've got caught in the same fog, and we won't be the ones unawares." He reaches for his cutlass and keeps a close watch on the surroundings around him. The fog started to lighten up, and the man at the wheel reached for a spyglass to keep watch.

Ariel turned around to the sound of her mistress' voice. She gave her a smile and shivered a bit. "I agree. This weather is giving me a little bit of a chill." She started to walk alongside the princess as the men around her shouted orders to one another to keep the ship steady, so as to not get into such grave accidents. She frowned at the loudness and brashness of their voices. She leaned closer to Rose (or at least close enough as her petticoats and layers would allow her) and mused, "I've always thought to be silent when caught in fogs like this. Who knows who may be listening?"

As the guards kept pestering them to get below deck, Ariel made a small sigh of annoyance. Being on such seas like this means that they should be above deck anyway. The sea air was more refreshing than the air back where the princess lived, although she wasn't sure if Rose preferred it herself. Ariel almost felt sorry for Rose, kept inside for so long only to be brought outside for a marriage, basically another excuse to be kept inside even longer.

(Sorry for the late reply! Friends came over for the weekend and I wasn't able to have some alone time to myself.)

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 06-09-2016 at 03:27 AM..