View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-01-2016, 06:01 PM

With Time, Things Learned
✛ Full Name Chase Bryant Reiniger
✛ Age 21
✛ Gender Male
✛ Sexuality Heterosexual
✛ Tattoos An Overwatch-inspired pair of crossed Scythes, courteous of Reaper's spray; a hidden tattoo that becomes visible to those of the witch or hunter class--it's a tattoo of a skull with blood dripping from it with a faint cross hidden in the background as well as a pair of red paws (this symbolizes that Chase hunts both Vampires and Werewolves)
✛ Piercing N/A
✛ Studying Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences

Personality-wise, I'm...
Write personality here.

On that note, my backstory is...
Being a hunter, most would think I lost someone close to me. That it's what triggered my desire to rid of the world of these supernatural abominations.

Such isn't the case. I've lost no one close to me.

Which will make you assume that my parents are hunters, right? Ehhh! Wrong again!

It's actually kinda funny. You see, my dad was on his way home from work one night (he's a police officer). As we don't live too far from the station, he figured, why drive? During his short walk, he witnessed a woman get pulled into a back alleyway. So focused on the woman, and needing to save her, he didn't comb over his surroundings. He missed something.

Jim Gafrin.

Lance Smok.

Those are their names. Lance wasn't pulling a woman into an alleyway to suck out her blood. He was pulling her off the streets, away from Gafrin. Her name, Lindsey McLuce, was Lance's past girlfriend's daughter. He was protecting her. Taking her out of Gafrin's sights.

My dad, thinking Lance was the perp, trained his gun on the vampire. The vampire plead, trying to explain that it's not what he thinks.

Just as dad's about to fire, a bullet from behind rips through his heart.

Wait, didn't I just say I've never lost someone close to me? Oh, whoops. I lied. Kinda.

Lance... he felt dad's sense of justice. He felt pity. He knew that my dad, Bryant Reiniger, was doing the right thing. Being the hero he was always painted out to be. So, despite the rules, Lance sunk his fangs into my father's flesh.

For months, my father was missing. There was no trace of him. Then, one day, Lance appeared at our doorstep with dad right at his side.

Relief washed over us. He was safe. Home. Dad explained that he and Lance were partners. Casing out new suspects. Saving the city.

But...

But that wasn't true.

My best friend, a witch by the name of Kariana, knew the truth. She pulled me aside. Told me everything she could surmise. So, being angsty teens, we did what we thought best. Confronted Lance.

Much to our surprise, he told us everything. Plain and clear. Explained that it pained him that he had to do this to my father. Begged me not to hate him, or my father. To hate the corrupt. The wicked. To pursue those who seek to hurt, instead of those who seek to save.

Fast forward a few years, I took his advice to heart.

Kariana and I started to notice that a lot of people would go missing. End up dead. Dead and with animal marks in their skin.

Lance and I spoke regularly, so I called him up. Told him I'd made up my mind. That I would kill those that did not belong to this world. He said he understood and would help me. That he would teach me how to fight the impossible. And that, if I truly wanted to ruin my life with this quest, this mission, I would need Kariana's help.

We performed the ritual. My flesh is now branded with the mark of the hunter.

I hunt not vampires, not werewolves, but the wicked. Those creatures who put their own selfish needs before the needs of others.

Or at least that's how I started.

Five years later, I've changed paths. I don't hunt them to protect the world from the feral, the corrupt. I hunt them to ensure their kind ceases to exist.

The blood on my hands, in my mouth, it's there because I put it there. I want to remind myself daily that this is the oath I've taken up.

Vampires. Werewolves. They cannot be trusted. They cannot be reasoned with. They are wild, feral beasts that chew on humans. Use us.

I cannot stand behind this anymore.

I will put a stop to it.

Lance understands. My father knows.

When this is all said and done, I will be taking their lives.

No mercy. Only justice.

That is my promise. That is my mark.

On the outside, I look human but within these vein's I'm...
really a hunter. I kill those which do not belong in this world.

But I'm not without fault or flaws...
I don't know when to stop. To let go. To give up. I've...come close to death. I push and pry, moving people to the breaking point. And when they snap? Well, it's usually on me. I've been hospitalized more times that I'd like to count. As such, I have a deathly fear of needles, jell-o, red popsicles, that awful stench that hospitals give off, and doctors. If I get hurt, I'll figure out how to patch myself up. I'm never setting foot in one of those godforsaken places again.

Regarding the supernatural, I think...
It needs to be purged from this world. Vampires are menaces to society. The world be a lot safer without these filthy bloodsuckers lurking around the darkest of corners. They've no respect. No conscious. And werewolves? They're no better. Those that live strictly in the forest and do not believe themselves to be human? I'll allow them to live. But any werewolf that dare calls himself human... why they better not be feasting like a beast on the side. You're either man or beast. If you're man, you live. Beast? Why, I'll see you in hell.

For fun, I'll let you in on a little secret...
It's not much of a secret, but I do kill. I murder in cold blood. What I love most about being a hunter is that split second before their soul withers away. I love seeing that look of fear pulse within their feral eyes. For a moment, they feel pain. Weakness. They feel loss. Failure. And do I pity them? No. They brought this fate upon themselves. They killed and, in turn, must meet the same cruel fate.

✛ The soundtrack to my life is Diamond Eyes. Granted, you can't just have one theme so this song is the other half: Blindfold.

✛ If I were to be a character in a D&D game, my mortal alignment would likely be Lawful Neutral/Lawful Evil, making me unpredictable.

✛ Because of this, I'm motivated by justice. I must make the world a safer place so none shall suffer under the tyranny of the damned..

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-01-2016 at 06:06 PM..