Thread: The Messengers
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-08-2014, 01:19 AM

The warmth was gone. Emmery pressed a trembling hand to his heart, felt it beating. Gentle thumping, reminding him that he was alive, that he could love. But he felt cold. He felt like he had done wrong, betrayed someone too dear for him to ever lose! Emmery shook his head. Oliver was a near stranger. The feelings didn't make sense. The inexplicable draw to be together, to stay together, to linger over even the briefest of touches like it was a treasure and could be snatched away at the nearest second.

Breath pounded from his lungs as he slid to his feet. "I know you don't want to wait, Ollie. But wait for me, please!" He glanced at the other man, over his shoulder as he headed for the stairs. It tore him apart, walking away knowing he'd caused tears to well up at the corners of those beautiful bright eyes.

But he needed to move on. To work through what he had never spoken before. Straightening his shoulders, Emmery stepped up the stairs and headed for Dylan's room, where he was resting. Would Edward be there to hear his confession? He hoped not. He would die, just die, of embarrassment.

Then he was there as if no time had passed. It couldn't have been more then a couple minutes before he was stepping into the room. "Dyl ... Dylan. There's something I just have to say. I've always kind of liked you. That's why all the flirting, all the jokes ... But you never looked at me that way. I kept waiting for you to notice me. And now this..." He leaned back, hit his head against the doorway.