View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Although he saw dark form moving towards him, he had no time to brace himself for the incoming impact and was sent flying to the floor. With rather nasty thud, his head hit floor, but it'd be fine, other than eventual headache (thank the interior designer that had decided to place fluffy carpet here!). Heck, head probably wouldn't be only place hurting, especially when the form on top of Alec began kneeing and pushing. Still a little breathless, the man grunted and tried to move away from offender himself, but didn't touch her, probably not wanting to scare or hurt her even further.

When Bez turned on flashlight, he shielded his eyes momentarily and then scrambled to his feet, his first words expressing worry clearly in tone. "Are you alright? Nothing hurt from fall?" He took in the small woman before him that so protectively held Jackson and couldn't help the bewildered question: "Who are you?", probably spoken at the same time as she asked that of him. But Alec quickly composed himself - he had to save what little could be saved still. If there was anything at all. Oh, Cheryl had decided to be indeed very cruel tonight, no doubt she had known Weyrs weren't home and he'd have to dish out extra thick sauce of lies.

"My name's Alec Hall, I work as handyman on the side," at this, he leaned down to be more on the same face level as Jackson and smiled, kindly, at the boy. "Jackson, sorry I spooked you and your lady arriving here, but your parents were worried about section of the roof." The kid would no doubt recognize him, unless lack of light and fear would decide to play against Alec. Hopefully, boy would confirm his identity. He straightened up and turned his attention back to young woman.

"The storm hit so strongly and unexpectedly and..." the man desperately tried to remember what he had said to Bez when the two met. Had he mentioned a call or just that there was emergency? God, he was really out of the lying game right now. "And I thought that there might be an emergency. When no one responded to gates nor I could reach Weyrs, I thought I had to see what was going on. And Bez did run into me, literally." He laughed a little, but it was forced.

At this moment, Bez mentioned generator and he nodded. "Yeah, right, the generator. I know where it is," he turned in the direction of the path where said thing was. Beside the thunderstorm raging outside, the house itself was now eerily quiet. Hopefully, the woman (he had guessed it was Jackson's babysitter by now, would explain why Weyrs didn't answer phone - they were probably on a nice date somewhere) wouldn't throw them out. He still did have to find Cheryl, somehow. Or maybe she had already left. No... She was observing the group, certainly. Enjoying the mess she had made and how he made it even bigger.