View Single Post
Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Calix looked at Theon, his eyes narrowed, calculating. He'd learned a few things from his aunt Athena, after all. And humans were prone to lying. Perhaps this one simply wished to escape, and then continue hunting Layna. That would not do, not at all. He needed to deter them completely, turn them from this path. Or he could always kill them.

"Or," Calix said, his voice cold, "I could simply kill you both and be done with it."

Arlia's eyes widened at that and she moved forward, grabbing Calix's arm. "Don't. Please. We'll go, we swear." She wasn't scared for herself; death was a possibility every day. She wasn't afraid to die right now. But she didn't want Theon to be hurt, and she didn't want to have to live without him.

Calix looked down at Arlia, his eyes cold, pitiless. "I will give you one last chance. If you leave this town, and you do not continue your hunt for the demigods, I will leave you alone. But if you try this again..." His grip tightened briefly on Theon's throat before he let go, letting the man slump against the wall.