Thread: The Aeronauts
View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 01:07 AM

"Yes.. from the ground up." Crispin draped his arm across an engine as if it were a child he was proud of. "There wasn't anyone else to help, except with the heavy lifting. Anyone who could have helped more than that would have thought I was mad... I probably was."

He trailed off, his eyes focusing on the past. Remembered pain flickered across his face for a few long seconds before his reverie broke and he and flashed Ethan a sad little smile. "The doctors say I'm sane now, for what that's worth. And no, I didn't hire a crew... there isn't one. Beatrice flies beautifully with only a captain. Sometimes it gets a bit frantic if there's a problem, but those don't come up often."

Crispin's eyes seemed drawn to the hidden engine for a moment before he shook off the melancholy and focused on the first distraction at hand. He'd heard the ripping sound as Ethan's jacket tore even though he'd been distracted at the time, and that fact finally processed its way to the front of his mind. "I can mend that for you. It won't take a moment... and then I'd be happy to show you her paces, if you want."