Thread: The Aeronauts
View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 11-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Crispin's surrender to the inevitable journey didn't really take very long. The first time Beatrice had taken the bit in her teeth like this, he'd spent the entire journey fighting against her whims. The time after that, it had only been three hours. Now, he almost felt like he was just flipping switches to pass the time. Everything else on the ship was functioning perfectly, at least. The hum of the engines filled his ears and vibrated his bones soothingly, without a hint of the tremors or stutters that indicated a problem. I'll have to take her apart again... perhaps Ethan can find what's triggering the problem. He seems to know his way around mach-- "Ethan!"

How could he have forgotten his unwilling passenger? Crispin raced back down the hallway to see the other man gagged and hanging from the wall like a bizarre bit of artwork. The knot-tying spider was on Ethan's shoulder tightening the cords holding him upright, its whole form radiating satisfaction. Crispin buried his face in his hands. "I am very, very sorry, Ethan... Obviously this is malfunctioning, too..."

Deactivating the spider was simple. Untying Ethan was less so, as the knots had been tightened by his struggles. Crispin finally produced a small penknife and cut the cords, careful not to cut Ethan instead. Once his unfortunate passenger was freed, Winters looked up at him with a pathetic expression like a puppy who isn't sure if it's done something wrong. "Er... the autopilot's also acting up... I can't turn her around. I should be able to sort it out once we get to whatever our destination is. Would you like a cup of tea while we wait?"