View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-18-2016, 05:19 PM

Samir shook his head. He didn't have any answers for Dimitri's questions, actually hoped the other might have some for him. Shrugging one shoulder, he motioned for them to walk while they talked. "I wish I knew what caused this. I wanted to gather the other elements as well but I'm not sure how to contact them with the way things are. We might have to rely on our familiars," he sighed, pushing his glasses up his nose again. Now that he'd regained his composure, he walked with a straight back and business only expression. Aniera circled overhead, having finally caught up with him. Her tight circles displayed concern which he eased with a smile. "You know, for all the time that the earth has had elements, nothing like this has happened. How could balance get out of sorts?" He didn't know the answer to his questions and he doubted Dimitri did either, but he still had to ask them.

~~~~~~

Adara walked back to her volcano home, tanned bare feet ghosting over sharp rocks without getting cut. She looked regal and powerful, and she knew it. She liked it that way. She wouldn't let anything destroy that for her, even someone messing with her element. Samir was getting cocky if he thought he could pull stunts like that. Sliding down into the hollow of an old magma chamber, Adara pressed a hand against the cool rock. Inside, she could feel the lingering energies of the molten earth. It called to her, wild and begging for release. This rocky imprisonment did not suit fire. She closed her eyes, answering the wild call.

Like a vent was opened, the earth heated up around her. Rather than directing it toward the volcano's surface though, she guided her awakened magma along underground pathways to the mountains of the north. It was just a little joke meant to startle the wind elemental who should have been residing there. She didn't mean for harm, just...a lot of fun. Unknown to her though, the fire escaped her control, sinking lower and eastward to the oceans where vents of blazing heat opened, oozing magma into the otherwise cool depths and streaking mayhem to the life there.