View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 PM

Vasileios entered the war room after all the other men had gathered. The chill from outside still clung to his bones, but a fire set against one wall made the room a welcome fixture after the outdoor training. He pulled aside his fur-lined gloves and dropped them on the table, ignoring the miniature throne seat at the head of the table. Instead, he leaned forward to look at the map which had been arranged in preparation. What marked the border was a vivid red line and dozens of pins, each a stark and ugly black against his pretty snow-white country.

"Sir Abel, is this the news you bring me from the south?" Vasileios murmured, his eyes still intent on the map rather than the other occupants of the room. A rather pudgy man with yellowy, ashen hair squirmed slightly in his seat. Although not the oldest in the room with his own advisors at his back, he felt the prickle of a younger king that gave him no attention. After clearing his throat, the regent managed to answer.

"It's the Asharian's, mi'lord. They've started to join forces with Porphyros. Where our forces are not stationed, rogue armies have broke into Negatia along the Asharian border instead. It seems, the forces are Asharian's, led by Porphyrian generals. The best...course of action, mi'lord?" His voice turning hesitant, the regent trailed off, turning his gaze to also stare at the many black pins set up just inside the Negatian border.

For almost a minute, Vasileios didn't respond. Though he might be king now, he was once a powerful general. When it came to matters of war, he did not just throw around his weight. He just knew that he knew better than all the war generals but those he had hand chosen to stay by his side. As he had once stood at the right side of the previous king.

Turning on his heel, he paced around the table, arms held behind his back. "They are fools to make allies so fleetingly with a country long neutral in this war. Not because they are idiots, but because I am smarter." Half smirking to himself, Vasileios gazed around the room, slowly, and with confidence. Even looking into the eyes of all the paintings, he imparted this sureness. It was funny, but he almost thought she could hear him, or maybe it was just that he wanted Moira to hear just what gift she had given him by attempting on his life. Vasileios snapped his gaze back to the table.

"You see, I have a secret weapon. Just as soon as I finish capturing it..."