View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 PM

"Hey now," Merrimack got a tad riled up at the comment. "I'm not that stubb- wait, did you just call me handsome?"

Ael tried to suppress a giggle. It failed, miserably. Bursting out in a full-on laugh, he lunged forward and wrapped an arm around the shorter male. "I think she was just being nice. Girls don't like shorties, remember."

Before M-Ry could even move to strike, Ael was skipping away and playfully hiding behind Reiko. This, of course, left Merrimack without his support. Hobbling forward, he managed to mask his falling for something of near-grace. Now on the bed, he looked up at the group as they chatted.

Ael was the first to take Odessa's hand. There was something bashful about him, especially around Reiko. Merrimack cocked a brow at this and found it off that Ael was allowed to be a flirt whereas he wasn't. With scoff, his hand reached out to Odessa's.

"Lover boy blondie is Ael. I'm Merrimack."

"Hey now," Ael's toned and pitch matched Merrimack's voice from just moments ago. It was more than obvious that they were brothers, more so as they now laughed at each other.

"That's mine line," Merrimack squinted before pulling his head away in an arrogant gesture.

"Oh, I'm sorry handsome. Didn't mean to steal your catchphrase."

The two laughed again, though the smile faded and so did the laughter.

"Do you think we'll be okay?" Ael's worrisome eyes looked and around. These people seemed nice. He didn't want them getting hurt, especially Reiko. There was just something about her that seemed... unique? She was the first person to really be nice to him. Not to mention, she was as cute as a button.

"Oh quit your cowering, brother. We'll be fine. Like I told you on the day I first learned to talk, I won't let anything happen to you." Leaning closer to Odessa, he pulled up a hand and whispered, "Though I did push him down the stairs once. Blamed it on the cat, but it was really me." He winked and then pulled his hand down to flash a grin at Ael.

"If you say so...."

"Oh come on. Lighten up. We're men. We're supposed to be tough. Do you think Odessa and your girlfriend need us looking all afraid?"

"No, I suppose not."

"Well then, toughen up. Prepare for whatever comes next and don't let your fear, or the facade of fear, cause you to run. Take on whatever causes you nightmares and do all you can to help those in need."

"You make it sound too easy."

"If it were easy, there would be more superheroes in the world."