View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 AM

"Yeah, please do." Bran reached over to scratch Chaos behind one of his pointed ears--the hulking beast immediately leaned into the touch, his stone cold stare softening somewhat. "I know Edgar's not the easiest person to get along with, or even understand. And he's not used to having other people in his space. It's always been the two of us against the world. He doesn't adapt well to big changes, especially changes like getting roommates. He'll be fine. Just give him some time, and some space."

The heavily-tattooed male leaned back in his seat, stroking Chaos rhythmically behind the ear--the Doberman looked like he was in heaven. "I've never liked alcohol," he revealed, sounding rather solemn. "It destroyed, and then took, my mother's life and tore my parents apart. I don't really see the point of drinking. It's not good for you. I rarely drink...I usually have just this one drink when I come here because they're tasty. But I've, uh...I've actually never been drunk, per se." Bran's charming white smile stretched across his face. "Is that odd?"

Bran clicked his tongue. "Sure, be my guest. They're huge, anyway." Now satisfied that his master was no longer upset, Chaos settled back down with a huff, resting his head on one of Bran's legs. Just as he did so, a particularly bouncy Lace returned, a big smile on her face. "Ready to order, boys?" Bran nodded, lips pursed. "Yeah. I'm gonna get the habanero chili cheese fries. Could you make it a large so we can share it?" "Sure thing, handsome..." Now she was practically shoving her admiration in Bran's face. And he still brushed it off, instead turning those stunning blue eyes on Matthew.

"You want to order anything? Or are we good to go?"

Edgar was still in the exact same position he had been in before...except now there was a definitive change. The gray tom cat, Pistachio, was now all curled up in his lap, purring and begging for attention. The blonde would occasionally reach down and stroke his fluffy gray fur, but his attention was almost wholly focused on his game. He stiffened when suddenly, there was a knock at his door. In his lap, Pistachio curled up even more tightly, looking rather uneasy.

For the longest time--it seemed like almost an eternity--Edgar said nothing in response to Yuuichi's words. He went on playing his game as if he hadn't heard the younger male's words at all. Then, finally, just when it seemed like the bespectacled blonde was truly ignoring him...

"This is Assassin's Creed: Unity." He spoke slowly, quietly. His unblinking blue eyes were fixed on the television screen before him. A man in a bright red cloak was climbing straight up a stone tower. "It's not exactly new. But it still came out recently." This casual manner of speaking...this was Edgar's regular personality. The other one spoke with such stiff formality that it was almost simple to tell them apart.

"I don't mind if you want to watch." The character on the screen pulled off an amazing maneuver, leaping from the top of the tower and landing on a guard with a rifle below. A blade flashed, blood spattered, and the guard was no more. "But..." Edgar glanced over his shoulder, vibrant icy blue eyes half-lidded. "If you get in my face again...I will not hesitate to knock you out." That wasn't exactly a threat...but a guarantee. Edgar hated to have his personal space invaded, that was for certain.

With that, he turned back to his game. Apparently, he was trying to infiltrate a heavily-guarded area and assassinate a single target (who had a gold marker over his head). He was taking the high road, taking out the gunmen on the roofs first before moving on.