Thread: No More CI's?
View Single Post
Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post
I second this. Find a new developer/site owner who is interested in avatar-based sites.
That's hard to do when the actual person who owns the site isn't around to give the code, graphics, and everything away to someone else. I also have a feeling that the amount of people who are into web development and into these sites has declined greatly. It's a popular and in demand field professionally, but it's become less of a hobby in the age of social networking. Much less anyone with money to really buy something like this that requires a lot of time and investment to get it moving again.

I wonder if something happened to him? Does any of the staff keep in contact outside of Mene? Social media? Etc?

As for CI's

You CAN multi-equip, and giving instructions on how to do so would be helpful, but you have to work around things and securities which is iffy at best.

Instead of CI's maybe look at some other kind of new items to collect that have that same CI feel to them. That way, if they are single-pose, that's okay. It could even be a collection of single-pose items. And you might not have to donate to get them, maybe partaking in activities on the site or entering contests, having a cool avi might be a way of getting them.

Or if CI's did come back in another form, maybe have them cost less mennies. A normal CI would cost 250, break down the average cost of poses per more recent CI and price the items at that rate, 10MN for one pose, 10MN for another. That way for 250MN, you're still getting all the poses, but you do have to click through more items. I'm not sure how the admin panel is set up to handle this though or if prices can be set through it, or it just automatically offers them at 250 and changing that requires getting into code to do it. IDK.

I think that's probably the best way to handle it in interim until Inso does decide to come back, if he does.

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 09-19-2018 at 11:12 PM..