Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:46 PM

Day 2 EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username:
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Lapiz Lazuli or the blue-y gold color it represents embodies the starry night skies that those of Merkhet are so fond of. Additionally, it makes some pretty fine jewelry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Dystopia
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The vibrant green and blue gems on the gold ring are like a lush oasis on the golden sands of the desert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username:
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Gold! It accents literally everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Antagonist
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: When I think about something that's 'Egyptian themed', I think about gold...and then somehow along the way it led to me thinking about Egyptians and birds and I got to thinking about how different shades of feathers look so lovely and it led to this, a beautiful coat made of golden feathers. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie267 View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: File:Lapis lazuli, a complex mineral mixture.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
My Entry fits the theme because: Lapis lazuli is a precious gem that is found in Egyptian art and jewelry, and it is also valued for its deep color. Around this time of year, there is actually plenty of water around the Nile (although it may not always be blue...). So, rich color, water, art work. This works, right?

~*~

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Woofie267
Entry: Porphyry vase, known as Suger's eagle | Louvre Museum | Paris
My Entry fits the theme because: Porphyry is one of the most valuable stones of the ancient world. It's a deep purple color, and so was used only by royalty or Very Important People up until the Medici family decided to flaunt their wealth and use some over their tombs. Anyway, purple = royalty, and Egypt always reminds me of pharaohs, so royalty. Also, porphyry is only found in and around Egypt in a very few places in the world. This is representative of the season too on top of all this because not only does purple look wonderful with gold, but I'm sure for the right price now you could find gold and porphyry decorations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamond View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Liquid Diamond
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Just a semi abstract piece I did with pens and watercolour. I think the greens, oranges, golds, and blues represent Egypt's colors well. I also had her wear the Star hat and literally EAT stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Elirona
Entry: Artwork 1!
My Entry fits the theme because: I imagine the Merkheti celebrating most holidays in gold and jewel tones, and can you blame them? Jewels are awesome! I drew a scarab necklace, since scarabs are a popular inspiration for Egyptian jewelry.

---------- Post added 12-24-2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Elirona
Entry:Artwork #2!
My Entry fits the theme because: I'd imagine jeweled golden tiaras are very popular among the Merkheti, especially during celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This is a tarot deck based off of stars and dragons (which are reptiles like the star eater). Since Merkhet believes the stars tell the fortune of their every day lives, I can see them using tarot decks during the winter festival to see what the new year will bring them. It is also blue which I believe between the star eater's delightful hair-do, and the deep blue of the night sky, represents their culture as a main color.
Entry Form:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Still with the thoughts of reading their lives with the power of the stars, I believe they might use the chance of dice to play games for fun. A way to still have outside forces tell them how to act, but in a fun way that they can just relax and enjoy themselves. Again, I call on the color blue which I believe represents them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageling View Post
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Mageling
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It reminds me of gold leaf on papyrus, and of sun on desert sands.

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Mageling
Entry:
{proof picture}
My Entry fits the theme because: This is made in the classic Merkheti colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Username:Nephila
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:
Wine is one of the colours I could see The people of Milos using. Especially because they make it.

Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Username: Nephila
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:Gold would be the second colour I could see them using. Because it reminds them of the harvest and it goes so nicely with wine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Entry:Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Flag_of_Greece_(parade).svg/2000px-Flag_of_Greece_(parade).svg.png
My Entry fits the theme because: Blue and white It's a Greek flags colors and they got greek influence ???

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 09:37 PM ----------

This is so Milos!
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Entry:http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...2kwnnYFbLJoCZgMy Entry fits the theme because: Black and white = cows , cows live in pastors , Milos is pastoral ???

I hope im doing this correctly :0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: Roxxxy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is known for cheese. And the category is "colors". Hence, Bleu Cheese :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine is made in Milos, so that almost plum colour of wine and the grapes aswell as the green of the vines seems like it would be a great part of the culture of Milos.

This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Milos is influenced mainly by the Greek and Roman traditions. Almost all pottery of those cultures featured black and red-brown colours. One of Milos' main exports is pottery, so I feel most of it would feature this colouring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: CK
Entry:
(My tumblr account is here.)
My Entry fits the theme because: Wine-purple and wheat-gold are perfect colors for Milos! They've worked hard all year, and now it's time to enjoy the harvest of their hard work with some partying! And that's just what this faun girl is doing!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Entry:
The mixture of ancient architecture and a rich and colorful landscape makes me think of Milos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-1 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: I think since Milos makes wine, it would naturally end up in their festival color schemes, especially since a lot of the colors thought of with wine, i.e. purples, greens, burgundy, and champagne, go well in Holiday settings.

This is so Milos!
Username: EirianHikari
Entry: Milos Day 2-2 by Princess Eirian Hikari, on Flickr
My Entry fits the theme because: With pottery being made on Milos, I think these colors would work themselves in to Holiday color themes on Milos. Pottery tones might be used in swags of branches, with some of the blues and whites that have a very Greek feel worked among them in ornaments, candles, and/or garlands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: BellyButton
Entry: (Colors, personal craft) Silver and Gold Foil/Paper Star Wall Hanging

My Entry fits the theme because: Winter activities in Milos are heavily influenced by the seasonal dwindling of daylight hours. It affects their daily work and shifts community activity from a time of primarily outdoor labor to a time of primarily indoor reflection and recuperation. Holiday decor in Milos tends to include a mix of silver for the "outdoor" light of winter ~ the moon and stars ~ and gold for the "indoor" light of winter ~ candles, hearth, home.

(Apologies for the horrible photo - my phone doesn't like the metallic shine. >.<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: BellyButton
Entry: (Colors, personal craft #2) Wine (Purplish Red) and Gold Wristcuff

My Entry fits the theme because: At community holiday gatherings in Milos, it is customary to wear the colors of your trade. For winemakers, this is a vivid wine-colored purplish red. Sometimes a family will have members from several trades, so their garb will include other colors as well. In this example, a simple woven (*cough*crocheted) wristcuff reflects one particular family's purplish red for winemaking and gold for grain (farming).
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
This is so Milos!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Entry:

It goes with both the pastoral and Roman elements of Milos. The green color and branch form is representative of the residents' connection to nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Invictus View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Milos!
Username: Whisper Invictus
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: Stained Glass viewed from the Roman Catholic St. Vitus Cathedral, the architectural style is Gothic, which I feel you would see walking down the streets of Milos... I only wish I could find a better picture of the color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Ivvy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Because our island of Dainael is a place of festivity and we adore our deep and vibrant jewl tones. And our blossoming trees that signal the coming of Spring and the leaving of winters chilly grip. We enjoy traditional dress for festivals so there is a representation of that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Yay Team Dainae <3 Congrats to all of the winners for Day 1! ^_^

Here is my first Day 2 entry for Team Dainae with the Theme: Colors!

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Salvete
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: our Team Dainae mascot is Tatsu the Dragon, whom I drew on the computer in a Color-By-Number style! The top image is the uncolored version, to which I added numbers and their corresponding colors -- red, green, and gold for the holidays! The bottom image is the colored-in version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The colors I chose for Dainae's celebration are classic oriental colors: red, gold, black, and silver. I felt this perfectly fit Dainae's mascot and origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: star2000shadow
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: it's both got dragons on it AND a rainbow of colors. and i could see them wearing it for holidays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
Here is my second Day 2 entry for Team Dainae with the Theme: Colors!

Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Salvete
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a jade sculpture (from the internet) of our Team Dainae mascot, Tatsu the Dragon. As Dainae is known for its gemstones, I thought jade (a traditional Asian gem) would be the perfect material. Additionally, the crisp green of this sculpture is a color I can imagine the people of Dainae wearing in their jewelry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: star2000shadow
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: I can see the people wearing reds and golds after the Dragons that guard their island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Lavinia
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It shows a colorful celebration of Christmas, with asian influences, from elephants to lanterns to creatures from disney! (The picture is of Hong Kongs Disney Land)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is a colorful tribal lotus, which is a symbol often used in oriental themes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: it's gemstone and has an Azian theme
This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: she is wearing something you would see at festival in Dainae!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Chexala
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: This elaborate, gem-encrusted outfit in red, black, and gold could be a dramatic festival costume, or maybe just normal daywear for the Empress. :3
(Picture is from Indonesia :D )
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: bloodstainedwings
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Red and Gold are the colours of our island and this is also a tradition chinese dragon celebratory banner design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Saravi Boo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: The brilliant red and bright gold are representative of both the holidays and our dragon mascot's vibrant coloring. The dragon motif is also very appropriate, I think.

This is so Dainae!
Username: Saravi Boo
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: A red Christmas tree decorated in gold. I think Tatsu would approve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Abel
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: These bright colors, in the form of a dragon, bring to mind the vibrant tones of Dainae's precious jewels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: Iroase Delschatten
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: Bright and colourful lights is one of the things Dainae takes pride in, especially paired with decorated lanterns and gems the island is known for, lantern and light parades make for a memorable festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: My Christmas tree is done in red and gold the red balls and gold garland is like dragon tones =)

This is so Dainae!
Username: GummyBearKisses=)
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Flowers every body loves flowers and red will fit pretty with the islands dragons decore=)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
This is so Dainae!
Username: blueblackrose
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Colorful lanterns are perfect for Dainae. What better to light the streets on the island with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Second Entry:

This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry: MM Pixeled Diamond
My Entry fits the theme because: It was inspired by Dainae colors and the shape of gem stones

Last edited by Cora; 12-25-2014 at 04:07 PM..